Software Simplifies Design and Analysis of Storm Networks; Empowers Project Teams to Focus More on Engineering and Decision Making
EXTON, Pa. – June 22, 2010 – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for the infrastructure that sustains our world, today announced the release of StormCAD V8i (SELECTseries 2) United Kingdom, a localized version of the easy-to-use StormCAD software employed by thousands of engineers around the world to analyze and design storm sewer networks. StormCAD helps designers automate the optimization of pipe and inlet sizes and invert elevations, and facilitates calculations for catchments, gutters, inlets, conduit networks, and outfalls. In addition, its intuitive interface simplifies both design and analysis, and its many time-saving features allow project teams to focus more on engineering and decision making.
The hydraulics and hydrology in the new release (also called StormCAD for U.K.) comply with the stormwater modeling requirements of the United Kingdom, including:
- the Modified Rational Method, recommended in the U.K. for computing peak stormwater runoff calculations from catchment during a storm event;
- U.K. intensity-frequency-duration rainfall information;
- U.K. time-of-concentration and runoff coefficient calculation methods;
- inlet capacity calculations based on HA 102/00 - Spacing of Road Gullies;
- U.K. engineering libraries with pipe and inlet catalogs.
Malcolm Sharkey, Bentley product manager for StormCAD, said, “Engineers and designers across the United Kingdom have been eagerly awaiting the release of StormCAD for U.K. Its wealth of features and renowned ease of use have earned StormCAD its reputation as the ideal application for network analysis of pipe inlets and stormwater inlets. Every model building and management tool in StormCAD is designed to make our users’ modeling tasks easier.”
Sharkey continued, “StormCAD also uniquely offers users the freedom to work in different platforms, streamlining workflows. They can choose to operate it as a stand-alone product or within either MicroStation or AutoCAD environments.”
Additional features of StormCAD for U.K. include:
- the ability to import and export MX Drainage or Micro Drainage data;
- scenario management and comparison of an unlimited number of what-if scenarios, including varying design approaches and system capacity evaluation for multiple storm events within a single file;
- ModelBuilder to leverage virtually any data source, including shapefile, database, spreadsheet, and ODBC bi-directional connections;
- drawing review tools for connectivity consistency, including orphaned node and dead-end pipe queries and automatic topology review;
- user data extensions, including formula-based user data fields;
- engineering profiles with automatic path selection;
- FlexTables – customizable tabular reports (network elements, combined pipe/node) with global editing, sorting, filtering, and exporting capabilities;
- scaled, schematic, and hybrid environments with multiple background-layer support;
- clear presentation of results using thematic mapping.
For additional information about StormCAD for U.K., visit http://www.bentley.com/en-GB/Products/StormCAD/Index.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Founded in 1984, Bentley has nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries, $500 million in annual revenues, and, since 1999, has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
For additional information about Bentley, visit www.bentley.com. To view Bentley’s May 2010 Annual Report, visit www.bentley.com/annualreport. To subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts, visit www.bentley.com/rss/news. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, visit www.bentley.com/yearininfrastructure. For information about Be Communities, a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit http://communities.bentley.com.
# # #
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, StormCAD, FlexTables, MX, and MicroStation are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 610 321 6493