- New Dell Precision M4600 and M6600, the world’s most powerful 15.6” and 17.3” mobile workstations, enable professionals to work anywhere, anytime without sacrificing performance
- New Dell Precision R5500 rack workstation delivers uncompromised performance and scalability to remote users while safeguarding and centralizing customer data
- Dell partners with leading ISVs to certify its workstations with professional software applications for optimized performance and reliability
ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 26, 2011 — Dell today announced the next generation Dell Precision M4600 and M6600 mobile workstations and dual-socket Dell Precision R5500 rack workstation, building upon the company’s heritage of delivering the highest-performing and most scalable workstation products. These mobile and remote systems, specifically designed for professionals who need raw horsepower, scalable performance and application certification, deliver a desktop workstation experience without being tied to a specific location.
New Dell Precision M4600 and M6600 Mobile Workstations (Photo: Business Wire)
Dell Precision M4600 and M6600 Mobile Workstations:
Ten years after launching the first ever mobile workstation, Dell continues its leadership by introducing new mobile systems that are ideal for professional 2D or 3D computing and analyzing massive amounts of data. The Dell Precision M4600 and M6600 represent the world’s most powerful 15.6” and 17.3” mobile workstations with 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor Extreme edition and 1600MHz system memory options.
Dell successfully packed more performance and power into its new mobile workstations while at the same time increasing usability for on-the-go productivity. The Dell Precision M4600 combines incredible performance with a durable yet lightweight 15.6” size and now offers a keyboard with a number pad, increased maximum memory capacity of 32GB1, outstanding performance and protection of data with RAID 0/1, and increased hard disk drive (HDD) maximum up to 750GB2.
The 17.3” Dell Precision M6600 unites exceptional processing and graphics performance and productivity-boosting features in a sleek and dependable professional system. The M6600 is designed for the most demanding users looking for a larger display, higher scaling graphics options and additional storage with up to three options including an optional 2nd HDD and 128GB2 solid state drive (SSD) mini card with RAID 5 support. The M6600 will also offer the new flagship NVIDIA Quadro 5010M mobile professional graphics with 4GB2 of GFX memory in the coming months.
Enhancements and options to the new mobile workstation family include:
- Sleek and professional redesign with a rigid and durable aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis and MIL-STD 810G tested for extreme temperatures, vibration, dust, altitude and shock;
- Certification on the top applications from Autodesk, Dassault Systemes, PTC, Siemens PLM Software and many others to ensure established software reliability for demanding applications;
- Wide range of AMD FirePro™ Mobility Professional Graphics and NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics options with up to 2GB2 GDDR5 dedicated memory for high performance and accuracy for complex models;
- Optional four-finger multi-touch display for drawing, writing, editing and zooming onscreen with fingers or stylus and touch-enabled engineering software applications;
- Optional 100 percent color correct PremierColor IPS RGB LED display with PremierColor calibration software for accurate color reproduction and brilliant clarity for bright, crisp images3;
- Expansive DDR3 memory with four DIMM slots for up to 32GB1 of 1333MHz memory or up to 16GB1 of 1600MHz memory for blistering performance;
- Connectivity to virtually all peripherals with five USB ports including two USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 and one combination USB 2.O and eSATA and three video out options including DisplayPort, VGA and HDMI;
- NVIDIA Optimus™ technology that intelligently detects graphics performance needed to help extend battery life;
- AMD Eyefinity technology that supports up to five simultaneous displays4 for workflow productivity and increased visual real estate for viewing large models and multiple applications;
- Powerful 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors with options up to Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition for enhanced performance and productivity.