RIVERWOODS, Ill. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 14, 2017 — Discover announced today that cardmembers and Discover Bank customers who own an iPhone X can take advantage of Face ID to sign in to the Discover Mobile app. The feature offers app users an intuitive and secure mobile log-in experience that requires no more than glancing at the device.
Latest in the line of mobile enhancements for Discover Mobile app users, Face ID on iPhone X revolutionizes authentication using the state-of-the-art TrueDepth camera system for a secure and private way to authenticate. A Discover Mobile app customer only needs to look at the device to open the app.
“The ease and security Face ID offers to our app users is an extension of our overall commitment to providing the best possible customer experience, whether that’s through our mobile app, by phone or on the web,” said Szabolcs Paldy, vice president of e-business for Discover. “Face ID provides Discover customers with an added security convenience at sign-in that requires no more than a quick glance at their iPhone X.”
Face ID support follows closely on the heels of other notable mobile enhancements for Discover including bank customers being able to perform wire transfers on the app and the recent Discover card announcement unveiling Cashback Bonus® via Apple Pay, which allows cardmembers to redeem their Cashback Bonus rewards for a statement credit through Apple Pay. Apple Pay is the easy, secure and private way to pay. Discover was the first major credit card issuer to offer the ability to redeem rewards after a purchase through Apple Pay.
Other mobile features in the Discover Mobile app include:
- Mobile Deposit, where bank customers can deposit checks with their mobile devices by snapping a photo
- In-App Messaging, a customer service option that enables cardmembers to communicate with Discover’s live U.S.-based customer service agents without having to stop and restart numerous interactions
- Freeze it®, an on/off switch that enables cardmembers to freeze their accounts in seconds if they misplace their cards to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- Quick view, where customers have the ability to check balances and account activity without logging in
- Apple® Touch ID to sign in on supported iOS devices, and Apple® Siri functionality for Apple® users
- Set up and management of alerts, either through text or push notifications
- Account management, including on-the-go bill payment with just a few taps
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company.