The Turtle Beach Elite 800X Includes a Suite of Premium Features for Xbox One Gamers, Including 100% Fully Wireless Connectivity, Booming 50mm Drivers, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound, Superhuman Hearing™, Active Noise-Cancellation and Much More…SAN DIEGO, May 22, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Gamers holding out for a top-of-the-line, 100% fully wireless headset for Xbox One need not wait any longer. Turtle Beach Corporation (NASDAQ: HEAR), the leading-edge audio technology company and #1 in gaming audio, announced today that the Turtle Beach Elite 800X is available at retail. Turtle Beach's Elite 800 series are the most technologically advanced gaming headsets ever launched, and the Elite 800X's host of premium, flagship features for Xbox One gamers sets it far above the competition. The Turtle Beach Elite 800X is 100% fully wireless for both game audio and chat audio, meaning no wires to the controller or Xbox One. Gamers get crystal clear audio via the latest, cutting-edge wireless technology, and a host of advanced features that create a more immersive and comfortable gaming experience.
"Late last year we were first to market with a fully wireless headset solution for Xbox One with our Ear Force Stealth 500X headset, and we're thrilled to continue leading this category with the Turtle Beach Elite 800X," said Juergen Stark, CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. "Today's video games, especially multiplayer titles, require players to have a great headset for the best audio experience. As stellar early consumer reviews demonstrate, our Elite 800X sounds amazing with its 50mm drivers, is extremely comfortable with leather-covered memory foam ear pads, and is packed with so much tech and high-end features that anybody looking for the best Xbox One headset need look no further."
The full list of features for the Turtle Beach Elite 800X includes:
- 100% Fully Wireless – The Turtle Beach Elite 800X is completely wireless for game and chat audio, and uses intelligent channel-hopping for an interference-free wireless experience.
- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound & Sound Presets – Experience DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound with incredibly accurate, unmatched spatialization. Additionally, the Elite 800X offers custom DTS Surround Sound modes combined with Turtle Beach genre-specific presets to further immerse fans in their favorite games, movies and music.
- Superhuman Hearing™ – From the faintest of enemy footsteps to weapon reloads off in the distance, Superhuman Hearing ensures gamers hear it all by amplifying soft sounds when switched on. This exclusive Turtle Beach audio processing gives players the competitive advantage of hearing enemies before they come into view.
- Noise-Cancelling – Eliminate unwanted background distractions with active noise-cancellation when connected to the Xbox One game console and mobile/tablet devices.
- Volume Control, Mic Monitoring & Dynamic Chat Boost™ – Gamers can set their preferred mix of game and chat audio levels right on the Elite 800X headset. Additionally, Mic Monitoring allows players to hear their own voice in the headset in order to avoid the need to shout, and the Elite 800X's Dynamic Chat Boost feature automatically adjusts chat volume during loud gameplay audio spikes to ensure players never miss a command.
- High Quality Hidden Microphones – The Elite 800X features dual hidden, high-quality noise-cancelling microphones, with environmental presets to ensure players are always heard, regardless of their surroundings.
- Magnetic Charging Stand & Rechargeable Battery – Whether gamers need a break from dominating other players in their favorite multiplayer game, or it's simply time to retire for the evening, just place the Elite 800X into its low profile, magnetic charging stand to store it and keep the headset powered-up without any cables. The Elite 800X features a built-in rechargeable battery that delivers up to 10 hours of functionality.
- Bluetooth Wireless Versatility – Enjoy wireless Bluetooth connectivity with compatible mobile/tablet devices. And gamers never need miss a call or text again, as they can pair the Elite 800X to their mobile phone to listen to music, hear text notifications and take calls while playing.
- Swappable Speaker Plates – Fans can customize their Elite 800X headset to their liking with easily swappable speaker plates that can be changed-out with new designs from www.turtlebeach.com/plates.
- Easy Setup – The Turtle Beach Elite 800X setup is made easy through its magnetic charging stand, which doubles as the wireless transmitter to the headset. Simply connect the charging stand to the Xbox One game console using the provided USB and optical cables, and start playing.
- Companion App – Gamers can download the Ear Force Audio Hub app to wirelessly change presets on the fly using their compatible PC, Mac and Android mobile/tablet device.
- Elite Membership with Purchase – Gamers demand the ultimate in performance, and should get the ultimate in benefits. With the purchase the Turtle Beach Elite 800X headset, gamers also receive:
- Turtle Beach Elite T-Shirt or Hooded Long-Sleeve T-Shirt
- Two additional sets of speaker plates
- Free Twitch Turbo trial membership
- 2-year extended warranty
- Concierge product support service (for U.S. and Canada)
- Early access to the latest Turtle Beach news and product info
- Exclusive offers from the Turtle Beach online store and partners
The Turtle Beach Elite 800X is available today at participating retailers for an MSRP of $299.95. Gamers looking for more information on the Elite 800X can visit the official Turtle Beach Elite website. Additionally, for more info on the latest Turtle Beach gaming headsets and accessories, visit www.turtlebeach.com, and be sure to follow Turtle Beach on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Turtle Beach Corporation
Turtle Beach Corporation ( www.turtlebeachcorp.com) designs leading-edge audio products for the consumer, commercial and healthcare markets. Under the Turtle Beach brand ( www.turtlebeach.com), the Company markets a wide selection of quality gaming headsets catering to a variety of gamers' needs and budgets, for use with video game consoles, including officially-licensed headsets for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4, as well as for personal computers and mobile/tablet devices. Under the HyperSound brand ( www.hypersound.com), the Company markets pioneering directed audio solutions that have applications in digital signage and kiosks, consumer electronics and healthcare. The company's shares are traded on the NASDAQ Exchange under the symbol: HEAR.
This press release includes forward-looking information and statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Except for historical information contained in this release, statements in this release may constitute forward-looking statements regarding assumptions, projections, expectations, targets, intentions or beliefs about future events. Forward looking statements are based on management's statements containing the words "may", "could", "would", "should", "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "plan", "estimate", "target", "project", "intend" and similar expressions constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current belief, as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, management.
While the Company believes that its expectations are based upon reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurances that its goals and strategy will be realized. Numerous factors, including risks and uncertainties, may affect actual results and may cause results to differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements made by the Company or on its behalf. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the substantial uncertainties inherent in acceptance of existing and future products, the difficulty of commercializing and protecting new technology, the impact of competitive products and pricing, general business and economic conditions, risks associated with the expansion of our business including the implementation of any businesses we acquire, our indebtedness, and other factors discussed in our public filings, including the risk factors included in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and the Company's other periodic reports. Except as required by applicable law, including the securities laws of the United States and the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Company any is under no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement after the date of this release whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-most-technologically-advanced-gaming-headset-for-xbox-one--the-turtle-beach-elite-800x--is-available-at-retail-today-300087705.html
SOURCE Turtle Beach Corporation
|Turtle Beach Corporation
For Media/PR Information, Contact: MacLean Marshall, PR/Communications Director, Turtle Beach Corp., 858.914.5093
Email Contact Keith Hennessey, EU Communications Sr. Manager, Turtle Beach Corp.
Phone: +44 (0) 1254-51725