Corel today announced the launch of its Summer Appventure, featuring four, new, free apps designed to help families make the most of their summer vacations. With new apps for the iPhone®, iPad®, Mac® and PC, there's something for everyone. Whether families are packing up the car, heading for the airport or planning holiday time closer to home, Corel's new apps make it easy for everyone to make the most of their vacation moments.
Keep the kids entertained for hours as they flex their creative muscles
- Beep Beep: Convert your iPad into the perfect digital coloring book for a no-mess, creative distraction while you're on the road or flying through the air. Rather than zoning out with a DVD, kids can explore their creativity and create vibrant, fridge or Facebook-ready masterpieces with an array of colors and sample images to choose from.
Share your vacation adventures with family and friends
- Slingshot™: Capture those once in a lifetime moments on your iPhone and automatically share them in real-time with customized groups of family and friends, or send them straight to a selected Facebook album. All of your photos are automatically backed up to a private Facebook photo album so you'll always have peace of mind.
- Postcard: Forget crowded tourist shops and searching for postage stamps. With Corel® Postcard, it's easy to create and send personalized postcards using your iPhone. Snap that perfect moment, add your greeting, and automatically send your printed postcard anywhere in the world for just $0.99 (USD). There's no faster, easier or more personal way to say "Wish you were here!"
Sort your favorite photos in record time and relive those vacation memories
- QuickSort: Quickly sort your top holiday photos and select your favorites. With QuickSort, it's faster than ever to reduce the hundreds, if not thousands, of digital images you captured on the road and isolate your very best shots. Using QuickSort for Mac or Windows, you can rapidly sort your photos into "good" and "best" folders with the tap of a keystroke. Not only will QuickSort save you valuable time, you may even free up some hard drive space!
Summer Appventure Invites Travelers to Share Stories, Win Prizes
Travelers interested in joining the Corel Summer Appventure can visit www.corel.com/summerappventure to share favorite vacation photos, videos, and holiday anecdotes. From memorable landmarks, to funny encounters, to beautiful landscapes, Corel wants to hear your stories. You can also follow the Corel Summer Appventure action by connecting with us on Facebook and following along on Twitter using the hashtag #corelappventure for your chance to win prizes such as Corel photo editing or video editing software.
"Summer is the perfect time to travel, explore and reconnect with the things and people we care about most. Being creative and having the ability to easily share and relive holiday moments is at the heart of Corel's Summer Appventure. With the release of our four new mobile apps, we want to give travelers a range of options to make the most of their summer adventures, offering them a collection of apps that are creative and fun and that help them make the most of their valuable time."
- Prescott Lee, VP and GM, Light Apps at Corel
Corel Beep Beep for iPad (iOS 3.2 or higher) is available as a free English app in selected Apple App Stores worldwide.
Corel Slingshot for iPhone (3G, 3GS, 4 and iPod touch 4th generation users running iOS 4.3.3 or higher) is available as a free English app in selected Apple App Stores worldwide.
Corel Postcard for iPhone (3G, 3GS, 4 and iPod touch 4th generation users running iOS 4 or higher) is available as a free English app in selected Apple App Stores worldwide. The sender's credit card will be charged USD $0.99 per card to anywhere in the world (includes printing, postage, and handling). Postcard also runs on the iPad (iOS 3.2 or higher).
Corel QuickSort is available as a free English app worldwide and can be downloaded for the Windows PC or Mac from www.corel.com/quicksort.
Blogger and Media Resources
For additional mobile app resources including images and videos, please visit www.corel.com/newsroom.
To learn more about Corel's mobile apps, please visit www.corel.com/mobileapps.
Join the conversation!
-- Connect with Corel on Facebook at www.facebook.com/corel -- Follow Corel updates on Twitter at www.twitter.com/corelsoftware -- Read the latest Corel Blogs at www.corel.com/blogAbout Corel
Corel is one of the world's top software companies with more than 100 million active users in over 75 countries. We develop software that helps people express their ideas and share their stories in more exciting, creative and persuasive ways. Through the years, we've built a reputation for delivering innovative, trusted products that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for software innovation, design and value.
Our award-winning product portfolio includes some of the world's most widely recognized and popular software brands, including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter™, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, Corel® PaintShop Photo®, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WinDVD®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, WinZip® and Corel® Digital Studio™.
© 2011 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, the Corel Balloon logo, Corel DESIGNER, CorelDRAW, Digital Studio, Painter, PaintShop Photo, Slingshot, VideoStudio, WordPerfect, WinDVD and WinZip are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation in Canada, the United States and other Countries. All other product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
To view a screen shot of Corel Beep Beep, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-1-800.jpg
To view a screen shot of Corel Beep Beep, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-2-800.jpg
To view a screen shot of Corel Slingshot, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-3-800.jpg
To view a screen shot of Corel Slingshot, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-4-800.jpg
To view a screen shot of Corel Postcard, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-5-800.jpg
To view a screen shot of Corel Postcard, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-6-800.jpg
To view a screen shot of Corel QuickSort, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-7-800.jpg
To view a screen shot of Corel QuickSort, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110802-8-800.jpg
Contacts: Corel Liz Mitchell 613-728-0826 ext. 1223 Email Contact