Major Benefits to 3ds Max and Maya Users
- The most robust, efficient and highest quality 3D production-proven converters for 3ds Max and Maya.
- The mirror twin PolyTrans-for-3ds-Max and PolyTrans-for-Maya plug-in systems form the most technically accurate and robust bi-directional conversion system between 3ds Max and Maya for well over the last decade. A staple Okino product.
- Resulting translated files are ' Render Ready' meaning that they can be loaded and rendered in the destination program with little or no changes necessary. The translation process accommodates polygonal meshes, trimmed NURBS in and out (Maya), skinning/bones/joints, hierarchy, vertex normals/colors/texture-coordinates, material and texture mapping parameters, lights, cameras, frame-accurate camera lock-ups between 3ds Max and Maya, animation conversion and automatic 2D bitmap conversion.
- Okino pioneered the process and methods of animation cross conversions between 3ds Max, Maya, Collada, DirectX, FBX, Lightwave, Softimage, VRML2/X3D, U3D, XAML and more. Robust and well refined.
- Proper conversion of skeletons and bones between 3ds Max, Maya, Lightwave, Softimage, DirectX, FBX, Collada, U3D & other DCC formats. See http://www.okino.com/conv/skinning.htm. A core Okino competency in the DCC world.
- Over the last 23 years Okino has pioneered the concept of bringing complex CAD assemblies into 3ds Max, Maya and its predecessors. These are well refined and efficient CAD pipelines. A typical complex CAD conversion process only takes a few minutes or less, including full scene optimizations. There is no concept of spending days or weeks “trying” or “struggling” to get CAD data into these programs, a myth wrongly and purposely propagated by others.
- 2 decades of very strong CAD file support: ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, CATIA v4, CATIA v5, DXF/DWG, DWF-3D, IGES solids, JT, Parasolid, native Pro/Engineer (which uses an embedded copy of PTC Pro/E for perfect translations), Rhino, Solid Edge, Solid Works, STEP, STL, U3D, VDA-FS, VRML & X3D.
- The hidden magic in the conversion process is Okino’s unique and proprietary CAD optimization processor, integrated into each of our CAD importers. This processor is by far the most complex aspect of our entire 3D CAD conversion software pipeline. Turn it on and it’ll wrangle large and unwieldy CAD assemblies into refined datasets for efficient animation, rendering or interactive viewing.
- Most importantly, Okino does not use reverse engineered CAD modules as is done by others, but rather licenses, utilizes and/or accesses the industry standard CAD geometry engines from Autodesk (Inventor), Dassault Systemes (CATIA), PTC (Pro/E), Solid Edge, SolidWorks, Spatial (ACIS solids engine), UGS/Siemens (JT Open toolkit) and others.
- Import parts, assemblies, hierarchy and materials directly from a running copy or native file of Autodesk Inventor, Solid Edge or Solid Works into any Autodesk product. Unique!
- Strong ties to the visual simulation (VisSim) community with proven OpenFlight, VRML 1.0 +2.0 and X3D support.
- Controllable via a MEL-script interface (Maya) or MaxScript (for 3ds Max) for both importing and exporting of files.
- Dozens and dozens of options are provided via multi-pane dialog boxes inside PolyTrans-for-Maya and PolyTrans-for-3ds-Max to finely control the data conversion process.
- Automatic conversion of foreign 2d bitmap image file formats to/from those recognized by 3ds Max and Maya.
- Access to robust polygon processing tools which can take impossible-to-render datasets and turn them into renderable models (auto-weld, auto-unification, reorientation of normals, polygon reduction).
- We actively support 11 legacy + 2 current versions of : 3ds Max 8.x/9.x/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012 and Maya 8.x/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012. This would allow, for example, a company with Maya 8 to migrate to 3ds Max 2012.
- Okino provides free, quick and highly educated support for its software direct from the main management team and senior developers, and not from online forums or untrained front-line tech support people. Unlike faceless companies where support may be non-existent, we personally know our customers by first name, email address and company background.
Applicable WEB pages
The following are pertinent pages on the Okino WEB site relating to this press release:
http://www.okino.com/conv/pt4maya.htm = PolyTrans-for-Maya home page
http://www.okino.com/conv/pt4max.htm = PolyTrans-for-3ds-Max home page
http://www.okino.com/conv/pt4xsi.htm = PolyTrans-for-Softimage home page
http://www.okino.com/conv/conv.htm = Okino PolyTrans home page
http://www.okino.com/conv/filefrmt.htm = Supported file formats
http://www.okino.com/conv/filefrmt_cad.htm = Okino’s CAD compatibility chart
http://www.okino.com/conv/users.htm = List of notable users
http://www.okino.com/testimon.htm = Customer testimonials and product reviews
http://www.okino.com/new/brochures/index.htm = A selection of our monthly full page advertisements
http://www.okino.com/press/releases.htm = Recent Okino press releases
http://www.okino.com/mainpic13.htm = Recent customer related imagery
About Okino Computer Graphics
Okino Computer Graphics can best be understood as two distinct sub-companies: one which specializes in the CAD market, CAD products and CAD users, and one which specializes in the animation/DCC/VisSim markets. We excel at providing the industry standard converters to an extensive user base for these distinct, yet often overlapping, markets. If you are new to Okino and our software then please take a moment to review http://www.okino.com/conv/users.htm which enumerates what has made our software's usage so wide spread throughout the 3D industry.
With development starting January 28th 1988, Okino Computer Graphics, Inc. (Toronto, Canada) is an industry leader and pioneer in the development and deployment of 3D data re-purposing software that allows professional 3D software users to intelligently and accurately convert/view/render/modify 3D data and assets between most major CAD, DCC and VisSim software packages. Okino software is used the world over by all major Fortune 1000 companies, 21 of the top defense contractors, the top 17 automotive manufacturers, and tens of thousands of production studios, 3D content creation, game development, CAD, engineering and product design companies. For more information about Okino, please visit http://www.okino.com.
# # #
NuGraf and PolyTrans are registered trademarks of Okino Computer Graphics, Inc. Okino is a trademark of Okino Computer Graphics, Inc. SolidWorks is a registered trademark of SolidWorks Corporation. 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, FBX, AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor are registered trademarks of Autodesk Inc. Lightwave is a registered trademark of Newtek Inc. CINEMA 4D is a registered trademark of MAXON Computer. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.