- Plan missions and routes
- Assign tasks and mark target objectives
- Visualize terrain mapping
- Facilitate communication between squads, ground vehicles, and unmanned aerial systems
Simulation: In the military sector, simulators use sophisticated computer models to replicate a vehicle’s capabilities and limitations within a stationary and safe environment. They are also used to familiarize soldiers with navigation and effective operations.
Aviation: The need to improve operations, safety, and situational awareness are some of the key factors necessitating the use of HMDs in the aviation sector. Earlier, companies developed AR-enabled HMDs solely for navigation and tactical information. However, HMDs today include aspects of VR that allow a pilot to connect the virtual world with reality.
Some of the key products integrated with HMDs in the aviation sector are as follows:
- Rockwell Collins ESA Vision Systems International Magic Helmet for F-35 fighter plane: This includes both AR and VR capabilities
- Aeroglass is an all-inclusive device that allows a pilot to visualize terrain, and handle navigation, traffic, instrument, weather, and airspace-related information, and also maintain vital safety protocols
Browse related reports:
- Global Virtual Reality Market in Healthcare Sector 2015-2019
- Global Virtual Reality Cardboard Market 2015-2019
- Virtual Reality in Gaming Market in the UK 2015-2019
- Virtual Reality (VR) in Global Gaming Market 2015-2019
- Virtual Reality in Gaming Market in APAC 2015-2019
Purchase any three reports for the price of one by becoming a Technavio subscriber. Subscribing to Technavio’s reports allows you to download any three reports per month for the price of one. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements and a link to our subscription platform.
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. The company develops over 2000 pieces of research every year, covering more than 500 technologies across 80 countries. Technavio has about 300 analysts globally who specialize in customized consulting and business research assignments across the latest leading edge technologies.
Technavio analysts employ primary as well as secondary research techniques to ascertain the size and vendor landscape in a range of markets. Analysts obtain information using a combination of bottom-up and top-down approaches, besides using in-house market modeling tools and proprietary databases. They corroborate this data with the data obtained from various market participants and stakeholders across the value chain, including vendors, service providers, distributors, re-sellers, and end-users.
If you are interested in more information, please contact our media team at email@example.com.