- This holiday, Xbox One will be the only console to support backward compatibility natively for select Xbox 360 games, for free, and all with Xbox One features including screenshots, broadcasting and GameDVR. Backward compatibility is one of the most-requested fan features, and more than 100 classic Xbox 360 games will be available at launch, with more to come.
- While not all Xbox 360 titles will be available at launch, fans can submit what titles they'd like to see added via Xbox Feedback, and Xbox will work with game publishers to continue to release new titles regularly.
The World's Premier Gaming Community, Xbox Live, Is Getting Better
- Xbox Live powers the most ambitious Halo game Xbox has ever made in "Halo 5: Guardians." The game is designed from the ground up as a four-player cooperative experience, and introduces up to 24-person multiplayer with Warzone. This is a giant leap forward for Halo multiplayer, and it will be playable at E3.
- Xbox Live will also give players access to more of their friends and a larger community of gamers through titles like "Fable Legends" and "Gigantic" that support cross-device multiplayer and that sync a player's progress automatically as they move from one device to another.
- Earlier this year Microsoft announced that the best of Xbox One is coming to Windows. The new Xbox app brings Xbox Live friends to Windows 10 PCs and tablets, and lets players stream their Xbox One games to any Windows 10 device for free.
Advanced Technology Takes Gaming Further on Xbox One, and Beyond
- In close collaboration with professional gamers, Microsoft created the Xbox Elite Controller — a pro controller designed to take gaming to the next level.
- Players can customize everything from trigger sensitivity to button mapping to game-specific setups, and use it with their Xbox One and Windows 10 devices with a custom app that offers gamers the opportunity to further modify the controller for any gaming scenario.
- The controller features a premium design that guarantees long-lasting quality with stainless steel features that are built to withstand hours of intense gameplay.
- Microsoft also reiterated details from a new partnership with Oculus VR LLC to include an Xbox One Wireless controller with every Oculus Rift at launch, supporting virtual reality on Windows 10 and Xbox One. Xbox One fans will be able to experience even more immersive gaming by streaming their favorite titles to Oculus Rift via Windows 10.
- Microsoft is proud to announce a new relationship with Valve VR. We will be working closely with Valve to make Windows 10 the best platform for VR gaming.
- Microsoft HoloLens introduces all new ways to game with mixed reality, including "Minecraft" on HoloLens, a fully-featured version of "Minecraft" that allows players to explore the game world in full 3-D.
Microsoft's ID@Xbox Showcases the Depth of Independent Gaming for Xbox
- More than 1,000 independent developers have Xbox One development kits via ID@Xbox. With the recent expansion of ID@Xbox to Windows 10, independent game fans can look forward to even more exciting games coming soon.
- With the announcement of the Xbox Game Preview pilot program, fans can start playing select games such as "DayZ," "Sheltered," and "The Long Dark" while they're still in development, offering suggestions to the development team and becoming part of the creative process.
Fans Can Access and Explore these Exciting Features Today
- Xbox One Preview Members will have access to backward compatibility starting today, and backward compatibility will be available to everyone this fall, for free.
- In celebration of E3, all Xbox Live Gold members can try out the EA Access Vault, playing their favorite EA games for free2, only on Xbox One all week long.
- Beginning today, you can play the beta of "Gears of War: Ultimate Edition," exclusively on Xbox One, for free2.
1Free on Windows 10 and free with an Xbox Live Gold subscription on Xbox One
2Free with an Xbox Live Gold subscription on Xbox One
More details about Xbox One, Xbox One games and the latest Xbox news at E3 can be found at http://news.xbox.com.
Press releases and media assets can be found at http://news.xbox.com/media (and relevant content can be found by clicking on Select Category).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/halo-5-headlines-greatest-holiday-games-lineup-in-xbox-history-300099240.html
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.