Education Focused Latitude Provides a Productive, Safe and Durable Learning Experience
The Dell Latitude 11 Education Series is a purpose-built laptop that provides students with a solution fully equipped for learning and allows parents and educators to rest easy knowing their children are using the most secure, manageable and reliable education solution on the market. The latest Dell services and appliances help make the Latitude 11 Education Series simple to integrate into a wider device infrastructure. Dell’s exclusive mobility and managed cart solution lets IT managers push software updates overnight and gives educators the confidence that laptops are fully updated, charged and ready to go from the first bell to last with no cables to connect. The Latitude 11 is also capable of delivering comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware prevention from a single source via the award-winning Dell Data Protection portfolio.
The Latitude 11 Education Series provides an 11.6-inch touch or non-touch display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™, full-size keyboard and ultimate durability, providing peace of mind even in the messiest locations such as art classes and cafeterias. Not only is the device subjected to MIL-STD 810G testing for pressure, temperature, shock and vibration, but the Latitude 11 Education Series also provides an exclusive fully sealed keyboard and touch pad to protect against spills, while also providing a rubberized LCD and base trim to provide superb drop protection.
Bringing Projected Content to Life
Dell is also helping teachers make lessons more engaging with the release of the Dell Interactive Projector S510. This state-of-the-art classroom peripheral allows students to actively engage with the projected content and has built-in WiFi, Miracast and Intel WiDi technology for easy wireless content sharing.
Making IT More Streamlined and Reliable for Educators
In addition, Dell recently announced a range of solutions to help educators administer technology more effectively through new and enhanced management solutions and support services.
- Dell is making the management of education devices simpler with the newest version of its award winning Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance. The Dell KACE K1000 version 6.3 features first to market systems management support for Chromebooks, making it easier for educators to manage, secure and support all school and student devices in multi-platform environments.
- ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets, announced earlier this week, enables educators to spend more time teaching and less time worrying about the security and management of students’ devices. It is the only complete support service that combines priority access to expert support, Accidental Damage Serviceii, proactive and predictive monitoring for automatic issue prevention and resolutioniii.
“We have worked with Dell since 2002 when we issued our first Dell Latitude laptops to a small group of students in our ninth grade classes,” said Jeff Terry, Chief Information Officer, Roanoke County Public Schools. “Over the past 12 years, many things may have changed around our district and in our classrooms, but Dell technology still powers our student learning objectives.”
“The quality of technology is important but Dell also provides a level of support and service that truly makes them a model partner. Today, we support more than 6,000 high school students and 1,400 teachers as part of our 1:1 laptop program using Dell Latitude laptops. We also use KACE systems management appliances to manage over 13,000 total end-user devices. With KACE, we have drastically reduced the time it takes to reimage our devices, which frees up my department to invest in more meaningful curricular projects that benefit our students.”
Pricing and Availability
- The Dell Chromebook 11 starts at USD $249.99 and is available on Dell.com in the U.S. and select countries around the world starting February 12, 2015.
- The Latitude 11 Education Series starts at USD $299 for qualified education customers. The non-touch display version will be available starting March 3, 2015. A touch display version will be available in late June 2015.
- The Venue 10 Pro starts at USD $329.99 for the tablet or $379.99 with keyboard option. It will be available on Dell.com in the U.S. and select countries around the world starting March 3, 2015.
- The Venue 10 will be available in spring 2015.
- The Dell Interactive Projector S510 is currently available, starting at USD $1,799.99.
- Dell KACE K1000 v6.3 is available as a physical, virtual or hosted appliance. Dell KACE K1000 is USD $8,900 for the physical or virtual appliance and 100 managed systems – computers or servers. The K1000 as a Service is available for USD $6.50 per managed computer per month.
- Dell ProSupport Plus is currently available.