Autodesk Subscription Customers Gain Competitive Edge with Additional Product Features, Integrated Web Services and New Design Content
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 30, 2010 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, announced the availability of Subscription Advantage Packs for Autodesk 2011 software releases. Subscription Advantage Packs provide exclusive and early access to product enhancements to Autodesk Subscription customers at no additional cost.
Subscription customers can download their Subscription Advantage Pack from within their product through the Information Center. Click on the key icon to open the Subscription Center menu and select Subscription Advantage Pack from the "Subscription Only Downloads" section. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Available for select products, Subscription Advantage Packs include new product features, integrated web services and design content. These enhancements expand software capabilities, make it easier to practice sustainable design and help streamline the design process.
“Subscription Advantage Packs provide Autodesk Subscription customers with tools that help them to work more efficiently,” said Callan Carpenter, vice president, Global Subscription and Support, Autodesk. “Customers who use these new features and functionality can save time, make better design decisions and ultimately focus on the most important aspects of their projects.”
Key features of the 2011 Subscription Advantage Packs include:
- Conceptual Energy Analysis (CEA)*, available for Autodesk Revit Architecture and Autodesk Revit MEP 2011, is an application enabling users to automatically convert conceptual designs into analytical energy models using an integrated web service. Users can compare different designs to make more informed decisions during the conceptual design phase, when making changes is least expensive.
- The AutoCAD WS plug-in†, available for AutoCAD 2011 and all AutoCAD products, allows users to upload their DWG files directly to their AutoCAD WS online workspace for easier collaboration through web and mobile platforms. It also provides improved support for importing and exporting IGES files and a new DWG conversion tool.
- New functionality for Autodesk Inventor 2011 further accelerates the design process for manufacturers by extending the capabilities of Digital Prototyping with ease-of-use tools, better data interoperability, and new design tools.
- The Autodesk Maya 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack incorporates technology from renowned industry partners and Autodesk developers to provide higher-level access to animation, shading and effects feature sets, enabling artists to focus on creativity.
Subscription Advantage Packs are available exclusively for Autodesk Subscription customers. English versions are available now, and Autodesk plans to release additional languages later this Fall.
Autodesk Subscription Advantage Packs are available for the following Autodesk 2011 products:
- AutoCAD 2011
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2011
- AutoCAD MEP 2011
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011
- Autodesk Navisworks 2011
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011
- Autodesk Revit MEP 2011
- Autodesk Revit Structure 2011
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2011
- Autodesk Maya 2011
- Autodesk MotionBuilder 2011
- Autodesk Mudbox 2011
- Autodesk Smoke 2011 for Mac OS X
- Autodesk Softimage 2011