The nine-day festival is filled with special activities devoted to visual arts, theater, music, film, museums, dance, opera, history and heritage.
All 300 arts-related events are listed at DenverArtsWeek.com.
Some of the 2014 highlights include:
KNOW YOUR ARTS FIRST FRIDAY
Friday, November 7, 2014
Denver Arts Week kicks off with a "super-sized," citywide First Friday street party where more than 100 art galleries in seven neighborhoods will stay open late, offering live music, art demonstrations, food truck roundups and a chance to interact with artists. It's the perfect introduction to the city's creative community.
- Neighborhoods include the Art District on Santa Fe, Belmar Block 7, Golden Triangle Museum District, Navajo Street Arts District, Tennyson Street Cultural District and RiNo (River North Art District) and 40 West Art District.
- Many galleries will offer artwork for the special "mile high" price of $52.80. (Denver is exactly 5,280 feet above sea level - one mile high.)
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUMS
Saturday, November 8, 2014
Denver Arts Week's most popular event is back with 23 museums, all of them staying open from 5 to 10 p.m. on a Saturday night â€“ for FREE! Even better, there are free shuttle buses to carry people from one museum to another, making it possible for families to "museum-hop" to some of the city's top cultural attractions. Nearly 25,000 people have participated in previous Night at the Museums.
- Many of the museums will offer special programs, family-friendly activities and live entertainment.
- All 23 museums will be open from 5 to 10 p.m. for free. Shuttle buses will stop at or near museums beginning at 5 p.m. from the Denver Art Museum (parking available in the Cultural Complex Garage) and also from a shuttle stop between the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and Denver Zoo.
- Museums on the four shuttle routes include: Black American West Museum; Byers-Evans House Museum; The CELL; Children's Museum of Denver; Clyfford Still Museum; Denver Art Museum; Denver Firefighters Museum; Denver Museum of Nature & Science; Forney Museum of Transportation; History Colorado Center; Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art; Molly Brown House Museum; Museum of Contemporary Art-Denver. Visit DenverArtsWeek.com for the full list and route.
- Also participating, but not on the shuttle route, are: American Mountaineering Museum; Astor House Museum; Clear Creek History Park; Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum; Dinosaur Ridge; Four Mile Historic Park; Golden History Center; Mizel Museum; Museum of Outdoor Art; Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum.
STARZ DENVER FILM FESTIVAL
Walk the red carpet during this cinephile's paradise, featuring film premieres, seminars with nationally-acclaimed actors and directors, and hundreds of independent film screenings and red carpet events. Films will be shown at the Denver Pavilions, on the 16th Street Mall in the heart of downtown Denver, the SIE FilmCenter on East Colfax and at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts in the city's theatre district.
This year's Denver Arts Week will culminate with an all-new indoor fine arts experience inside the Colorado Convention Center, produced by the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. Renowned national visual artists and fashion designers will present one-of-a-kind and handcrafted works for sale, exhibition, inspiration and entertainment. Exciting art installations, "Art of Living" design vignettes and "Colorado Made" handcrafted artisan goods, food, beverages and spirits will complement the patrons' visit.
DENVER'S ON STAGE
November 7-15, 2014
Denver's performing arts world struts its stuff all week long during Denver's On Stage, featuring special deals and discounts for theater, dance, music and more. From discounts to a full day of free dance performances and lessons on November 8, there are dozens of performing arts specials throughout the week. Some of the performances include:
- Chance to Dance
The McNichols Building will become a place for all things dance during Denver Arts Week 2014. Take the opportunity to participate in free dance workshops and classes. View amazing free performances from Denver's best dance companies all day long, and when you're ready, take the stage for your very own "Chance to Dance" performance.
- Granny Dances to a Holiday Drum
Come and enjoy a free, full cast rehearsal of the 23rd Season of Granny Dances to a Holiday Drum. A Denver original, this production is a family favorite that has been inspiring patrons of all ages for a generation; celebrating and honoring holiday traditions gathered from cultures around the globe. The Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Ensemble has been blending dance, live music, spoken word, and holiday celebrations from around the world into a memorable holiday tradition like none other.
- A Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con v2.0
The "Mile High" price of $52.80 gets you a pair of tickets to A Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con v2.0 with your Colorado Symphony*! Experience an evening of Colorado Symphony's Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con returning with an upgrade to v2.0! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the concert hall, this performance will explore new works from your favorite movies, television shows, and video games.
About VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Celebrating 105 years of promoting The Mile High City, VISIT DENVER is a nonprofit trade association that contracts with the City of Denver to market Denver as a convention and leisure destination, increasing economic development in the city, creating jobs and generating taxes. A record 14 million visitors stayed overnight in Denver in 2013, generating $4 billion in spending, while supporting nearly 50,000 jobs, making Tourism the second largest industry in Denver. Learn more about Denver on the VISITDENVER website and at TOURISMPAYSDENVER or by phone at 800 2 Denver. Follow Denver's social media channels for up-to-the-minute updates at: Facebook.com/visitdenver; Twitter.com/iknowdenver; Instagram.com/visitdenver; and YouTube.com/visitdenver.
SOURCE VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
|VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau