Winner of TIME Magazine’s 2018 Best Inventions of the Year
Forte Wireless Data Glove is for Applications, including Wearable, Industrial, Human Factors, Sports, Automotive, Medical, Military, Outdoor Wear, Virtual Reality, Gaming, Musical Instruments, and More
Berkeley, CA, December 20, 2018 — BeBop Sensors, Inc. www.bebopsensors.com, the leader in smart fabric sensor technology with over two million wearable smart fabric sensors shipped,announced today that they will be exhibiting at CES 2019, Booth #50908 at the Sands, Eureka Park. At CES, BeBop Sensors will demonstrate the Forte Wireless Data Glove, winner of TIME Magazine’s 2018 Best Inventions of the Year. The first fully featured affordable data glove to incorporate haptics and super accurate rapid sensing, the BeBop Sensors data glove is perfect for a wide variety applications, including wearable, industrial, human factors, sports, automotive, medical, military, outdoor wear, virtual reality, gaming, musical instruments, and more.
“The Forte Data Glove is the first hand tracking system to accurately and rapidly track fingers and fingertips with the best haptics,” said Keith McMillen, Founder and CEO, BeBop Sensors. “Before the Forte Wireless Data Glove, there was nothing practical that could accurately sense finger movements and quickly send tactile feedback to the fingertips.”
Forte Data Glove Features:
- First affordable high performance, ultra-comfortable wireless data glove.
- Sensor speeds at 500Hz.
- Data rates at 150 frames per second, eliminating lag for near instantaneous response times, perfect for the most demanding gaming applications.
- 10 smart fabric bend sensors are located above each knuckle with bend accuracy and repeatability at +/- 1.5 degrees.
- 9 degree IMU (Inertial Measurement Units) provides extremely low drift and reliable pre-blended accelerometer and gyro sensor data.
- 6 actuators are located on 4 fingertips, the thumb, and palm.
- Up to 64 unique haptic sound files can be resident on the glove with new files rapidly uploaded over Bluetooth or Micro USB.
- Micro USB connector charges the internal lithium battery in 2 hours for a 15 hours battery life.
About BeBop Sensors
BeBop uses smart fabrics to create elegant sensor solutions for OEMs. Where things or people interact, BeBop Sensors comprehends force, location, size, weight, bend, twist and presence across any size, resolution and geometry. BeBop technology is robust and proven with over two million sensors in daily use. Based in Berkeley, California, BeBop Sensors makes things knowable for product designers and visionaries. For more information and demonstrations, see the BeBop Sensors website
Karen Thomas/Eva Yutani