- Wurl expanded its network reach nearly fivefold by powering distribution on popular streaming services including Samsung, Roku, Twitch and many more.
- New TV channels delivered through the Wurl Network have increased by 20 times during 2018. The Wurl Network powers live, linear, VOD, and marathon channels from top media brands like Stadium, NBC, BBC, Universal Animation, Warner Studios, and many others.
- Each month, the Wurl Network delivers more than five billion minutes of viewing to over 150 million viewers.
- Wurl headcount has tripled and the company has added four new world-class executives to its senior leadership team.
Wurl, the leading network for Internet-based video distribution and ad monetization, today unveiled its accomplishments and milestones for 2018. Leading the list are new video services now accessible via the Wurl Network including Samsung TV Plus, Roku Channel, Twitch TV, Amazon Fire TV, Sling TV, Xumo, Pluto TV, AppleTV, and Xbox, among others, as well as new channel launches for Stadium, Eleven Sports, NBC, BBC, Universal Animation, Fremantle Media, Warner Studios and over 50 others. This growth has further bolstered the Wurl Network's advertising inventory — which is already one of the largest pools of connected TV inventory in the world. Wurl also expanded its roster of leadership talent, making 2018 a remarkable year of growth for the company.
The Wurl Network is growing through a chain reaction as more video producers, more video services and more advertisers race to connect to the Wurl Network. As viewing time migrates away from legacy pay TV, Wurl expects that total global viewing time on Internet-based services will surpass traditional pay TV in 2019. Recognizing this shift, even the largest cable and broadcast networks are accelerating their distribution to OTT services.
"The Wurl Network is creating a vastly expanded body of content and ad inventory for its customers thanks to the unprecedented reach of our network," said Sean Doherty, CEO of Wurl. "This symbiotic growth between video producers and video services has created an engine for an exponentially increasing pool of ad inventory. In the 13 months since we launched the Wurl Network, the growth has been extraordinary."
As part of its rapid growth, Wurl has expanded its leadership team with notable industry leaders:
- Carl Schachter joined Wurl as CRO. He is responsible for Wurl's customer success and operational excellence across all customer-facing functions. Carl previously held senior level positions with Google Cloud, Salesforce and Oracle.
- Ron Gutman joined Wurl as CTO, leading its engineering and product teams and building the Wurl Network to scale as demand continues to accelerate. Prior to joining Wurl, he was the founder and CTO of Imagine Communications, and the Director of Customer Solutions for BigBand Networks.
- Yuval Fisher is Wurl's new Vice President of Technology. Yuval spearheads the development of Wurl's streaming technology platform including oversight of the company's ad technology and strategic initiatives. Prior to joining Wurl, he served as CTO, Targeted Distribution for Imagine Communications, and the CTO for RGB Networks.
- Lisa Bergamo is Wurl's new Vice President of Marketing. In this role, she leads all marketing and communications initiatives. Previously she held executive marketing and communications roles with leading technology companies across Silicon Valley including Actiance, Symplified Inc. and SOASTA.
Wurl operates the market-leading Wurl Network — interconnecting the world's top video producers, video services and advertisers. Wurl makes it effortless for video producers to build global distribution for ad-supported linear channels, live events, VOD and marathons. Wurl is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. For more information, visit wurl.com.
Breakaway Communications for Wurl
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wurl-announces-150-million-viewers-new-partnerships-new-programming-new-offerings-new-key-executives-and-global-expansion-300759809.html
|Company Name: Wurl