DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 4, 2018 — The "Global 3D Scanning Market - Segmented by Type (Hardware, Software), Range (Short Range, Medium Range, Long Range), Application, End-User Vertical, and Region - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global 3D scanning market was valued at USD 3.69 billion in 2017, and it is expected to reach USD 6.22 billion by the end of 2023, with a CAGR of 8.62% during the forecasted period 2018-2023.
When it comes to innovations that have changed the world, 3D scanners should be listed among the top. With the growing number of applications, this market is set to witness rapid growth. Even though it has gained only a little attention from commercial applications, 3D scanners can be customized to meet professional needs in various industries. For instance, in the medical industry, 3D scanners can be used to model body parts in three-dimensions, which can then be used to create prosthetics. It can also be used to facilitate various wound healing and care and to create breast implants.
In the construction industry, 3D scanners can be used to create a scaled 3D structure of a building, and in architectural industry these devices help in preserving and archiving historical monuments from museums. Because of the customizable and scalable nature of this technology, new applications are emerging across every industry.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018 - FARO introduced the next generation FARO Design, ScanArm 2.0, to address the most demanding challenges and requirements faced by product design and product engineering professionals and delivers up to 25% improved system accuracy.
- October 2017 - Creaform launched surface damage analysis software, SMARTDENT 3D, to provide cost-effective and time-saving solution for airlines.
- July 2017 - GOM released new software with new and advanced features for 3D metrology, virtual measuring room (VMR), and 3D testing.
- 3D Digital Corporation
- 3D Systems Corporation
- Autodesk, Inc.
- Direct Dimensions Inc.
- Faro Technologies Inc.
- Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
- Leica Geosystems
- Maptek Pty Ltd
- ShapeGrabber Inc.
- Topcon Corporation
- Trimble Navigation Ltd
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global 3D Scanning Market Segmentation
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of 3D Scanning Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ctcdf6/global_3d?w=4
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: Software, 3D Printing