Below highlights what's on the horizon in 2018 at Universal Studios Hollywood even as the Entertainment Capital of L.A. continues to unveil dynamic new opportunities for the remainder of 2017:
- With DreamWorks Animation's recent acquisition, Universal Studios Hollywood will soon roll out the red carpet for a unique, never before seen DreamWorks Theatre attraction. Opening in 2018, this newly designed venue will play host to a variety of action-packed DreamWorks Animation themed attractions beginning with the multi-sensory adventure inspired by the global blockbuster franchise Kung Fu Panda, and created in partnership with Universal Creative and DreamWorks' Artists. This new technologically advanced attraction will take guests on a legendary journey that fuses captivating storytelling with state-of-the art projection mapping and LED lighting effects for a highly engaging and immersive, unstoppable-awesome experience.
Meet the lovable DreamWorks characters that will join Universal Studios Hollywood beginning in summer 2017 to entertain guests and pose for memorable photos. Newly introduced characters will include: Kung Fu Panda's Po and Tigress; Madagascar's Alex the Lion, The Penguins—Skipper, Rico, Kowalski and Private, and King Julian; Trolls' Poppy and Branch; Shrek's Puss 'n Boots will join existing characters Shrek and Fiona. These many new entertaining characters will join the vast array of Universal Studios Hollywood's many other diverse walk-about characters.
- Hello Kitty, the beloved global pop icon created by the Japanese company Sanrio, joins Universal Studios Hollywood in 2018. Hello Kitty and her signature red bow, along with more Sanrio friends including My Melody, Keroppi, and Chococat, will be featured on park-exclusive merchandise including accessories, apparel, collectibles, and confectionery. Highlights of the exclusive product offerings include designs incorporating classic Universal titles such as Jaws, ET, Back to the Future and more. Hello Kitty herself will also appear to meet and greet guests.
The following highlights Universal CityWalk Hollywood's newest introductions:
- World-renowned filmmaker, Steven Spielberg headlined the grand opening of Universal CityWalk's multi-million dollar Universal Cinema renovation and shined the spotlight on the state-of-the-art venue as the place to "see movies where movies are made." Featuring screening room quality theatres, deluxe recliner seats, next generation sight and sound achievements and a trendy Director's Lounge cocktail bar, the all-new Universal Cinema redefines the movie-going experience, setting it apart as a category leader.
"As a filmmaker, we create movies that invite moviegoers to enter other worlds, even if it's just for a couple of hours. In the best case scenario, the movie-going experience and its venue are on par with the movie that you came to enjoy. Universal Cinema defines advancement and technology with this incredible new movie theatre. I am happy to be here at Universal CityWalk to join the official opening of the Universal Cinema, where movie-goers have a rare opportunity to see movies at the very place where movies are made."
—Steven Spielberg, filmmaker
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band took center stage performing at the grand opening of Universal CityWalk Hollywood's newest dining experience, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. The first-ever Los Angeles-based location invites guests to escape the everyday and dine within a casual seaside retreat environment amid palm trees, thatched enclaves, island music and surfboard tables. The venue's expansive 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar features such hand-crafted cocktails and signature margaritas as the Who's to Blame® Margarita or the 5 O'Clock Somewhere boat drink while live music and entertainment complement the dining experience featuring such signature dishes as LandShark Lager Fish & Chips, Jimmy's Jammin' Jambalaya ®, Volcano Nachos or a Cheeseburger in Paradise ®.
- Voodoo Doughnut casts a spell on Universal CityWalk Hollywood with its decadent and eclectic palate-pleasing pastry creations that range from Bacon Maple Bar and Oh Captain, My Captain to Grape Ape, Mango Tango and its signature Voodoo Doll doughnuts. This first-ever California location serves up delicious traditional and vegan out-of-this-world sweet and savory treats inspired by its hometown Portland, Oregon location.
- Inspired by celebrated restaurant Meizhou Dongpo and its renowned and innovative owners, Chef Mr. Wang and his wife Mrs. Liang, Dongpo Kitchen serves authentic Sichuan cuisine in the first-ever U.S. casual dining concept exclusive to Universal CityWalk Hollywood. Offering both indoor and al fresco dining, the CityWalk restaurant caters to Southern Californians and guests visiting from around the globe with a variety of tantalizing signature dishes, from Dongpo fried noodles, roasted duck salad, spicy chicken to specialty beverages such as dragon well green tea and roasted oolong milk tea.
Universal Studios Hollywood™ is The Entertainment Capital of L.A. and includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour. As a leading global entertainment destination, Universal Studios Hollywood delivers highly themed immersive lands that translate to real-life interpretations of iconic movie and television shows. Recent additions include "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter TM" which features a bustling Hogsmeade village and such critically-acclaimed rides as "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" and "Flight of the Hippogriff™," Universal Studios Hollywood's first outdoor rollercoaster, as well the all-new "The Walking Dead" daytime attraction. Other immersive lands include "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem" and "Super Silly Fun Land" as well as "Springfield," hometown of America's favorite TV family, located adjacent to the award-winning "The Simpsons RideTM". The world-renowned Studio Tour is Universal Studios Hollywood's flagship attraction, inviting guests behind-the-scenes of the world's biggest and busiest movie and television studio where they can also experience such authentic and immersive thrill rides as "Fast & Furious—Supercharged." The destination also features the Universal CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, including the Universal CityWalk Cinemas and the "5 Towers" state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dreamworks-animations-favorite-characters-headline-all-new-universal-studios-hollywood-attraction-kicking-off-with-kung-fu-panda-in-2018-as-the-entertainment-capital-of-la-continues-to-debut-an-exciting-slate-of-new-theme-park-300468256.html
SOURCE Universal Studios Hollywood
|Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood Media Contacts: Audrey Eig, National print/broadcast, 818-622-2962
Email Contact Anastasia Lee, Local/Regional print/broadcast, 818-622-9504
Email Contact Gail Moscoso, Digital, 818-622-3855
Email Contact Crystal Williams, International, 818-622-9410
Email Contact Raul Becerra, Latino, 310-923-3071