Presently, immersive VR headsets are only partly commercialized and several consumer versions are anticipated to be launched in 2015-2016, including the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Sony PlayStation VR, and FOVE. GTDs and other motion tracking peripherals have also gained significant acceptance as an accessory to the HMD. Virtual reality PDWs have evolved in technology and resolution. Development and provision of CAVE systems and VR rooms for consumers are expected to boost demand for PDWs.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Immersive Virtual Reality Market Analysis By Technology (Semi-Immersive, Fully Immersive), By Device (Head-mounted Display (HMD), Gesture Tracking Devices (GTD), Projectors & Display Walls (PDW)), By Application (Aerospace & Defense, Consumer Electronics, Medical, Retail) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/immersive-virtual-reality-market
Technological development triggers a plethora of VR solutions with varied capabilities that allow users to experience utmost immersion. Making the VR experience more real serves as a key driver towards market penetration and adoption. Most of the available solutions are limited to head tracking leaving tremendous opportunities for the development of new technologies that increase the user's sense of immersion and presence.
VR devices may pose inconvenience to certain users owing to their ergonomics and weight. Bulky devices offer render users with a sense of fatigue and discomfort after prolonged use. Simulation sickness is one of the greatest hurdles to be overcome, while designing VR experiences. Key stakeholders have been focusing on the issue aggressively and tackling it with extreme precision, keeping sensitivity and user comfort at priority.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Fully immersive technologies are expected to be the largest and fastest growing technology segment over the forecast period owing to growing popularity of wearable devices among consumers. The segment accounted for over 75% of the revenue in 2014.
- HMDs dominate the global immersive VR market share. Mobile VR headsets make use of smartphones for the screen, for example, Google Cardboard, whereas integrated HMDs have inbuilt screens, for example, Oculus Rift. The segment accounted for over 60% of the revenue in 2014.
- Demand in retail and medical sectors is expected to witness exponential growth over the next five years. Consumer electronics application accounted for the largest share of 45% in 2014, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast periods.
- North America immersive virtual reality market accounted for about 50% of the overall share in 2014 owing to the presence of key vendors in the region coupled with a myriad of technology giants. Affordability and availability of consumer VR continue to drive growth across regions.
- Several start-ups and individuals with technological expertise have raised funds through Kickstarter and promoted their solutions through online campaigns. Consumer electronics manufacturers such as Sony, HTC, and Samsung, and technology giants such as Google, Facebook, and Microsoft have also ushered into the market with VR solutions.
Grand View Research has segmented the immersive virtual reality market on the basis of technology, device, application, and region:
- Immersive Virtual Reality Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2020)
- Fully immersive
- Immersive Virtual Reality Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2020)
- Immersive Virtual Reality Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2020)
- Aerospace & defense
- Consumer electronics
- Immersive Virtual Reality Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Wet Waste Management Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/wet-waste-management-market
Personal Cloud Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/personal-cloud-market
Rolling Stock Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/rolling-stock-market
Smartphone Applications Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smartphone-applications-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Contact: Sherry James Corporate Sales Specialist, USA Grand View Research, Inc Phone: 1-415-349-0058 Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519 Email: Email Contact Web: www.grandviewresearch.com