Third Annual "The Year Ahead" Franchise on November 9-10th Features Global Business Summit, Special Issue of Bloomberg Businessweek and Digital Feature, "50 Companies to Watch" List, Bloomberg TV and Radio Programming, and Exclusive Data and AnalyticsNEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Bloomberg today announced the third annual "The Year Ahead: 2016" Summit, an intimate gathering of today's most powerful business leaders and industry influencers from around the world on November 9-10th in New York City. Providing forward-looking insight on the industries, companies, products, people, and trends poised to emerge over the course of next year, "The Year Ahead: 2016" is designed to help global executives get ahead of the challenges their businesses will face in the months to come. Speakers include Apple Senior Vice President Angela Ahrendts; Bank of America Chairman and CEO Brian Moynihan; Credit Suisse CEO Tidjane Thiam; BBG Ventures President Susan Lyne; United Therapeutics Chairman and Co-CEO Martine Rothblatt; and Jet.com Founder and CEO Marc Lore.
The Summit is produced by Bloomberg LIVE, the company's global events business, and is part of Bloomberg's "The Year Ahead" franchise which leverages Bloomberg's deep business, financial, political, and data heritages across its multiple media channels. In addition to the Summit, the franchise includes a special issue of Bloomberg Businessweek, a list of the "50 Companies to Watch in 2016," immersive digital content, and special programming on Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio.
"The Year Ahead: 2016" opens on Monday, November 9th with a dinner at Carnegie Hall, featuring a welcome from Michael R. Bloomberg followed by a discussion with Diane von Furstenberg moderated by Bloomberg Businessweek editor Ellen Pollock. The Summit continues on Tuesday, November 10th at the Park Hyatt New York, with more than 25 corporate and policy leaders exploring the upcoming U.S. election, the global economy, risk management, income equality and more in intimate, dynamic conversations that encourage active participation by the more than 200 invitation-only delegates that include CEOs, startup founders, and investors.
"The Year Ahead is Bloomberg's global leadership conference, designed to bring together the most influential business and government leaders, innovators and trendsetters who will have an impact next year, whether on stage or in the audience," said Bloomberg LIVE editor Stephanie Mehta. "By harnessing Bloomberg's rich news and data heritage, we'll arm delegates with the most indispensable, agenda-setting insights about global business and policy in 2016."
Bloomberg Businessweek's The Year Ahead: 2016, a special 132-page issue on newsstands November 9th, is the largest of the year and the ultimate guide to the companies, economies, products, and innovators that will matter in 2016. The issue is divided into five sections covering economics, technology, politics, energy, and retail, and also includes a list of the 50 companies to watch next year. The list is comprised of both household names and lesser-known up-and-comers. What unites them is that all of their stocks have big potential upsides or downsides, thanks to shifting industry dynamics, executive suite changes, or new product introductions. The in-depth stories, charts, lists, illustrations, and analyses make The Year Ahead: 2016 a must-read for all executives.
Bloomberg's Businessweek's list of the 50 companies to watch in 2016 will be the centerpiece of a special The Year Ahead digital package, which will publish on November 5th, where readers can examine each company in detail through consistent data points and charts. The 50 companies are spread across multiple categories, so readers will be able to jump from mining firms and tech startups to biotech and finance companies, and back again. The fully responsive, clean design works across mobile, tablet, and desktop.
Bloomberg Television and Bloomberg Radio will broadcast live on-site at the November 10th Summit, conducting original interviews with select newsmakers separate from the main program. Bloomberg's digital video team is producing an original video series that will run on BloombergBusiness.com the week of November 9th, exploring the companies, technologies and industries that will make their global mark in 2016. This will also air as a 30-minute primetime special on Bloomberg Television on Friday, November 13th at 7 pm ET.
Presenting sponsors of "The Year Ahead: 2016" include Huawei and Zurich Insurance Group. Palo Alto Networks and PwC are supporting sponsors and the Principality of Monaco is a participating sponsor. The Official Hotel Brand of "The Year Ahead" is Park Hyatt New York.
To learn more about Bloomberg's "The Year Ahead"— including the speakers, agenda, and partners — and to request an invitation, please visit bloomberg.com/the-year-ahead/.
Full list of November 10th Summit speakers:
- Angela Ahrendts, SVP, Retail and Online Stories, Apple
- Neil Ashe, President and CEO, Global eCommerce, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Zoe Baird, CEO and President, Markle Foundation
- Bill Bennett, Former U.S. Secretary of Education and Host, "Morning in America"
- Michael R. Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies, Three-term
Mayor of New York City
- Michael Chertoff, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder, The Chertoff Group
- Linda Conrad, Head of Strategic Business Risk, Zurich
- Deborah DiSanzo, General Manager, IBM Watson Health, IBM
- Niall Ferguson, Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History, Harvard University
- William Foege, Emeritus Professor in Global Health, Emory University
- Peter Georgescu, Chairman Emeritus, Young & Rubicam Inc.
- Davis Hake, Director of Cybersecurity Strategy, Palo Alto Networks
- Darren Huston, CEO, The Priceline Group
- Alan Krueger, Bendheim Professor of Economics and Public Affairs, Princeton University
- Anthony Laudico, Leader, Global Digital Practice, Spencer Stuart
- Marc Lore, Founder and CEO, Jet.com
- Susan Lyne, President, BBG Ventures
- Amina Mohammed, Special Adviser on Post-2015 Development Planning, United Nations
- Brian Moynihan, Chairman and CEO, Bank of America
- Gary Pinkus, Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Martine Rothblatt, Chairman and Co-CEO, United Therapeutics
- Brent Saunders, CEO, Allergan plc
- David Soloff, Co-founder and CEO, Premise
- Tidjane Thiam, CEO, Credit Suisse
- Lynn Tilton, Founder and CEO, Patriarch Partners LLC
- Sebastian Thrun, Co-founder and CEO, Udacity
- Jeffrey Ubben, Founder, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, ValueAct Capital Management
- Sheryl WuDunn, Senior Managing Director, Mid-Market Securities
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com/company .