Turtle Beach's PX24 is a Multiplatform Headset that Includes the Innovative Ear Force SuperAmp Battery Powered In-Line Amplifier, Offering Key Features like Superhuman Hearing, Virtual Surround Sound, Variable Bass Boost and Variable Mic MonitoringSAN DIEGO, Oct. 12, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Turtle Beach Corporation (NASDAQ: HEAR), the leading-edge audio technology company and #1 in gaming audio, today announced two new gaming headsets – the Ear Force® PX24 and the Ear Force Recon 60P – are now available at retail. Turtle Beach's latest gaming headsets continue to highlight the Company's dedication to providing quality products with a range of features and prices catering to gamers' varied desires and budgets. Currently touting a 4.5/5 review score average on Amazon.com, the PX24 is a multiplatform gaming headset that comes with the innovative, battery-powered in-line Ear Force SuperAmp™, which delivers powerful amplified sound from any connected device and provides features like Superhuman Hearing™, Virtual Surround Sound, Variable Bass Boost, Variable Mic Monitoring and more for a MSRP of $79.95. The Recon 60P has a consumer review score average of 4.6/5 on Amazon.com, and as part of the Turtle Beach's all-new Recon Series entry-level gaming headsets, the 60P is built with a new lightweight and comfortable design, and offers a handful of must-have features for any gamer, including amplified audio from the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 for a MSRP of just $49.95.
"With the PX24 and Recon 60P, we continue to provide gamers a variety of headsets from which to choose, while also innovating in the space and offering features not found anywhere else," said Juergen Stark, CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. "With the PX24 there's finally a true multiplatform headset that works with PS4™, Xbox One, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices, while the SuperAmp delivers amplified audio and our exclusive Superhuman Hearing audio preset, among a selection of other great features. And the Recon 60P extends our all-new Recon series lineup for PlayStation gamers, this one working across console generations, offering amplified audio, Mic Monitoring and more for both the PS4 and PS3™."
The full list of features for the Ear Force PX24 includes:
- Multiplatform Compatibility – The Ear Force PX24 works with the PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices with a universal 3.5mm jack.
- Amplified Audio – The PX24's innovative battery powered in-line SuperAmp offers fingertip controls and amazing amplified sound from any connected device.
- Superhuman Hearing – This Turtle Beach exclusive audio preset gives players the competitive advantage of hearing enemies before they come into view. Hear everything. Defeat everyone!
- Surround Sound – Experience Turtle Beach Virtual Surround Sound on PS4, Xbox One, PC and mobile/tablet devices.
- Variable Bass Boost – Via the SuperAmp, users can enhance the PX24's powerful, rumbling lows to their preference.
- Variable Mic Monitoring – The PX24's SuperAmp lets players hear their own voice in the headset to avoid shouting when talking to other players online.
- Full-Range Audio – Large, high-performance 50mm Neodymium speakers deliver immersive audio, with deep, thunderous lows and crisp, sizzling highs.
- Mic Check – An adjustable, high-sensitivity boom mic picks-up your voice loud and clear and can be folded up out of the way when not in use.
- Comfortable Design – Modeled after the X12 and PX22 – two of the best-selling console gaming headsets of all time – the PX24 features a lightweight design and fabric/mesh ear-cups for hours of comfort.
The full list of features for the Ear Force Recon 60P includes:
- Highly Versatile – The Recon 60P connects directly to the PS4 via USB and PS3 via RCA to deliver amplified sound and Mic Monitoring, and features a detachable 3.5mm jack for connecting (not amplified) to the PS Vita™, PC, Mac, mobile/tablet devices and Xbox One controllers.
- Mic Monitoring – When connected to the PS4 and PS3, the Recon 60P's Mic Monitoring lets players hear their own voice in the headset to avoid shouting when talking to other players online.
- Comfortable Design – Weighing-in at just seven ounces, these super lightweight and comfortable over-ear headsets and are perfect for hours-long, marathon gaming sessions.
- Great Sound – The Recon series gaming headsets feature large, full-range 40mm Neodymium speaker drivers that deliver sizzling highs and thunderous lows while the synthetic leather-wrapped ear-cups provide improved bass response and noise isolation.
- Convenient Controls – In-line controls place Mic Mute and Master Volume conveniently at your fingertips.
- Mic Check – An adjustable, high-sensitivity boom mic picks-up your voice loud and clear for in-game and online chat, and can be removed when listening to music and watching movies.
About Turtle Beach Corporation
Turtle Beach Corporation ( www.turtlebeachcorp.com) designs leading-edge audio products for the consumer, commercial and healthcare markets. Under the Turtle Beach brand ( www.turtlebeach.com), the Company markets a wide selection of quality gaming headsets catering to a variety of gamers' needs and budgets, for use with video game consoles, including officially-licensed headsets for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as well as for personal computers and mobile/tablet devices. Under the HyperSound brand ( www.hypersound.com), the Company markets pioneering directed audio solutions that have applications in digital signage and kiosks, consumer electronics and healthcare. The company's shares are traded on the NASDAQ Exchange under the symbol: HEAR.
This press release includes forward-looking information and statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Except for historical information contained in this release, statements in this release may constitute forward-looking statements regarding assumptions, projections, expectations, targets, intentions or beliefs about future events. Forward looking statements are based on management's statements containing the words "may", "could", "would", "should", "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "plan", "estimate", "target", "project", "intend" and similar expressions constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current belief, as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, management.
While the Company believes that its expectations are based upon reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurances that its goals and strategy will be realized. Numerous factors, including risks and uncertainties, may affect actual results and may cause results to differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements made by the Company or on its behalf. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the substantial uncertainties inherent in acceptance of existing and future products, the difficulty of commercializing and protecting new technology, the impact of competitive products and pricing, general business and economic conditions, risks associated with the expansion of our business including the implementation of any businesses we acquire, our indebtedness, and other factors discussed in our public filings, including the risk factors included in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and the Company's other periodic reports. Except as required by applicable law, including the securities laws of the United States and the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Company is under no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement after the date of this release whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.