Backward Compatibility for Xbox One Delivers Largest Library Ever on XboxLOS ANGELES, June 15, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — This morning at the Xbox E3 briefing, Microsoft Corp. showcased an extraordinary lineup of Xbox One-exclusive titles and announced backward compatibility, fueling the greatest games lineup in Xbox history, this holiday and beyond. Microsoft also shared how it is making Xbox Live, the world's premier gaming community, get even better, while giving fans an early look at how advanced technology can take their gaming further with the new Xbox Elite Controller and Microsoft HoloLens.
The Xbox E3 keynote packed numerous world gameplay debuts, premieres and trailers into an action-packed 90-minute spectacle for fans, including news from gaming's biggest franchises.
The show opened with a bang as world premiere gameplay of "Halo 5: Guardians" included the reveal of the all-new massive scale multiplayer mode, Warzone, where up to 24 players battle with friendly and enemy AI characters joining in the fight.
The all-new Ford GT supercar, debuting exclusively in "Forza Motorsport 6," made a dramatic entrance by descending from the rafters into the Galen arena with an appearance by Henry Ford III and the world gameplay premiere of the title.
Microsoft Studios, in partnership with legendary Japanese game designer Keiji Inafune, Mark Pacini and the teams at Comcept and Armature Studio (creators of the "Metroid Prime" franchise), debuted the all-new Xbox One exclusive "ReCore."
Developer Mojang AB demonstrated a fully-featured version of "Minecraft" for Microsoft HoloLens that allows players see the "Minecraft" world in an entirely different way.
Electronic Arts' Peter Moore took the stage to share his excitement for EA Access, which enables members to play first, play more and play for less only on Xbox One, and announced that the EA Access Vault now includes "Titanfall." In addition, the EA Access Vault will be open to all Xbox Live Gold members to play the best of EA for free during the week of E3.
The company also announced Game Preview on Xbox One — a new way for our fans to purchase work-in-progress digital titles and participate in the development process by giving feedback to developers as they continue to update their games. Game Preview is coming to Xbox One as a pilot program starting this week.
For more details on Xbox news unveiled today, please see below. For additional news throughout E3 week, tune in live to Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and go to Xbox Wire.
Microsoft Showcases Greatest Games Lineup in Xbox History
This holiday, "Halo 5: Guardians" headlines the best games lineup in Xbox history, alongside blockbuster exclusives like "Forza Motorsport 6," "Rise of the Tomb Raider," "Gears of War: Ultimate Edition," "Fable Legends" and "Rare Replay."
On stage, Microsoft announced a variety of games launching in 2015 and beyond for Xbox One and Windows 10, including a mix of exclusives, blockbusters and independent games through the ID@Xbox program:
- "Ashen" (XBOX CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE). This action RPG is about a wanderer in search of a place to call home. There is no sun, and the only natural light comes from eruptions that cover the land in ash. This is a world where nothing lasts, no matter how tightly you cling to it. At its core, "Ashen" is about forging relationships. Players can guide those they trust to their camp — together, you might just stand a chance.
- "Beyond Eyes" (FIRST ON XBOX ONE & PC). In this modern fairy tale about finding courage and friendship, step by step you'll uncover an incredible world, carefully guiding Rae, a young blind girl, on a life-changing journey. Available 2015.
- "Cuphead" (XBOX CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE). This single-player or co-op run-and-gun platformer is heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by 1930s cartoons, the visuals are hand drawn and inked and the music is all original jazz recordings. Cuphead and Mugman traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful supermoves and uncover hidden secrets.
- "Dark Souls III." Known for delivering a high level of unrelenting challenges to gamers, the next chapter of the "Dark Souls" saga returns with "Dark Souls III." Developer FromSoftware returns to create a new blighted world for players to explore. The embers of a once proud kingdom set the stage for this new adventure. Players will battle against fearsome enemies and bosses with a variety of weapons and magic through a mysterious land riddled with secrets. Available 2016.
- "Fable Legends" (EXCLUSIVE). Claim your legacy as a fearless Hero or a cunning Villain as you clash against one another in thrilling 4-versus-1 battles to determine the fate of Albion in this free-to-play action RPG from Lionhead Studios. Available holiday 2015.
- "Fallout 4." "Fallout 4" is under development at Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Game of the Year titles including "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" (2006), "Fallout 3" (2008), and "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" (2011). "Fallout 4" is the next generation of open-world gaming where every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. All purchases of "Fallout 4" on Xbox One will include a token for "Fallout 3" through the first 90 days after "Fallout 4's" release. "Fallout 4" is available Nov.10, 2015.
- "FIFA 16." "FIFA 16" innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way. With innovative gameplay features, "FIFA 16" brings confidence in defending, control in midfield, and gives you the tools to create more moments of magic than ever. Available Sept. 22, 2015.
- "Forza Motorsport 6" (EXCLUSIVE). Race over 450 Forzavista cars in the most beautiful and comprehensive racing game of this generation. Available Sept. 15, 2015.
- "Gears of War: Ultimate Edition" (EXCLUSIVE). Play the first at its best. Experience the title that launched one of the most celebrated sagas in entertainment. Painstakingly remastered in 1080p and modernized for Xbox One, "Gears of War: Ultimate Edition" is packed full of new content, including five campaign chapters never released on Xbox, and will unlock early access to the "Gears of War 4" multiplayer beta in 2016. Available Aug. 25, 2015.
- "Gears of War 4" (EXCLUSIVE). The award-winning franchise begins a new saga on Xbox One, coming in 2016.
- "Gigantic" (EXCLUSIVE). Get ready for "Gigantic," a new free-to-play shooter MOBA where heroes battle alongside a massive guardian. Free-to-play on Windows 10 and Xbox One1, "Gigantic" tests teamwork, tactics and timing as you confront a five-story foe and conquer a fantasy battlefield.
- "Halo 5: Guardians" (EXCLUSIVE). A mysterious and unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, the Master Chief is missing and his loyalty is being questioned. Experience the most dramatic Halo story to date in a four-player cooperative epic that spans three worlds. Challenge friends and rivals in new multiplayer modes: Warzone, massive 24-player battles, and Arena, pure 4-versus-4 competitive combat. Available Oct. 27, 2015.
- "Madden NFL 16." Be the playmaker with all-new controls that allow you to dominate in the battle for air supremacy. New QB mechanics including body-relative throws and touch passes provide unprecedented depth and control of the football while under center. Combined with a new risk-reward catch and pass-defend system, get ready for the biggest wow moments in franchise history. Available Aug. 25, 2015.
- "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2." The battle for suburbia grows to crazy new heights in "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2"! For the first time in franchise history, zombies have taken over and plants are on the attack. With new characters, more ways to play and immersive new maps, the game taps into the heart of what fans loved about the original and goes above and beyond to deliver the biggest, craziest and most over-the-top shooter. Available 2016.
- "Rare Replay" (EXCLUSIVE). To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Rare Ltd. brings together the adventures of its iconic characters in a collection of 30 games that span the decades. From its earliest 2-D classics to Xbox 360 triumphs, "Rare Replay" is lovingly presented for Xbox One and delivers a treasure trove for veteran players and newcomers alike at an amazing value of ERP $29.99 . Available Aug. 4, 2015 .
- "ReCore" (EXCLUSIVE). From legendary creator Keiji Inafune and the makers of "Metroid Prime" comes "ReCore," a classic action-adventure reimagined for a new generation. As one of the last remaining humans, forge friendships with an eclectic cast of robots and lead them on an epic adventure across a mysterious, ever-changing world. Available spring 2016.
- "Rise of the Tomb Raider" (EXCLUSIVE | HOLIDAY 2015). Available beginning Nov. 10, 2015 and featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautifully hostile environments, "Rise of the Tomb Raider" delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality.
- "Sea of Thieves" ( EXCLUSIVE ) . The freedom of the pirate life awaits in "Sea of Thieves," Rare's next adventurous voyage coming exclusively to Xbox One and Windows 10. Available holiday 2016.
- "Tacoma" (FIRST ON XBOX ONE and PC). Discovery. Exploration. Isolation. What is life like 200,000 miles from Earth? Uncover the mysteries held by Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma and its crew, living at the edge of humanity's reach. "Tacoma," the next game from the creators of "Gone Home."
- " Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege." Inspired by the reality of counterterrorist operatives across the world, " Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege" invites players to master the art of destruction. Intense close-quarter confrontations, high lethality, tactics, team play, and tension are at the center of the experience. Available Oct. 13, 2015 .
- " Tom Clancy's The Division." In " Tom Clancy's The Division," an immersive online open-world action role-playing game, players will team up with other Division agents to reclaim New York City from the chaos of a deadly pandemic. Play the beta first on Xbox One. Available 2016.