"We are continuing our support of Simple BIM with the addition of import support of Industry Foundation Class (IFC) files," stated Bob Mayer, President of IMSI/Design. "Enhancements like this, coupled with the robust suite of mechanical, architectural and general purpose drafting features, make 2015 one of our most innovative releases."
TurboCAD Pro 2015 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2015 new and enhanced features include:
ARCHITECTURAL / SIMPLE BIM
- New IFC Import (Platinum only): Simple Building Information Modeling (BIM) is now more advanced with the ability to import intelligent Walls, Doors, Windows, Slabs and Roofs saved in the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, the industry standard for BIM information.
- Improve Roof Angles (Platinum only): TurboCAD now makes it easy to control the rise/run and/or degrees of a roof angle.
- New Slab Roof Object Types (Platinum only): TurboCAD now allows users to make a roof slab object type. With one slab, you can quickly create a flat roof, or use in conjunction with new roof angles, mitering, and edge cut tools to join several slabs together and create nearly any roof style.
- New Mitering of Roof Slabs (Platinum only): Select two or more roof slabs and have them "meet" automatically.
- New Roof Edge Cut Orientation (Platinum only): A new "Edge cut" roof property for roof slabs allows users to select different methods of roof building, either plumb or square.
- Improved Roof Modifier (Platinum only): Now you can quickly create holes in roofs for chimneys, skylights, etc. and trim edges of roofs.
- Improved Quick Pull: The popular Quick Pull tool now offers multiple selection, so you can manipulate several co-planar faces simultaneously. You can also thicken ACIS surfaces with the Quick Pull tool, and dynamically switch between Quick Pull and Imprint modes.
- New Wire Wrapping: Wrap a wire around a 3D solid for use as an extrusion or sweep path.
- Create Surface from Faces: When using the ACIS tool 'Create Surface from Faces' users can now retain the source object.
- Create Surface from Solid: When using the 'Create Surface from Solids' tool, users can now retain the source object.
- Improved Smooth Surface Mesh Tools (Platinum only): TurboCAD now offers a set of tools for editing a Smooth Surface Mesh (SMESH) as symmetrical model.
- Improved Drafting Object Breaks (Platinum only): When a drafting object is too large to display fully, TurboCAD allows users to add a break gap to abbreviate the displayed object, adjusting the break line properties including type (straight, zig-zag, wave, or heartbeat), gap value, color, and extension length. New TurboCAD 2015 supports multiple breaks per drafting object.
- Improved Unbend Sheet Tool (Platinum only): Now users can generate the required bend lines when the Unbend Sheet tool is used.
PRODUCTIVITY AND USABILITY ENHANCEMENTS
- New Conceptual Selector: Manipulate and modify 3D objects like never before. The totally flexible design of Conceptual Selector allows users to customize any visual and editing parameters available in the application (eg. Move, scale, or rotate).
- Improved Nudge: The TurboCAD Nudge function now offers more efficient pick-up and placement of selected object(s) using the numbers pad.
- Improved Block/Group Editing: While in block/group edit mode, users can now snap to objects outside the block or group.
- More Flexible UI: Users can now resize dialog boxes as needed for their design environment. Adjust the screen size, resolution, and more. Works with the majority of dialog boxes including general property pages, multiline text, dimensions, program setup, and Drawing options pages.
- New Contact Manager & File Sharing: Users now have the ability to create and maintain contact lists and send files to individuals or groups from within TurboCAD.
RENDERING AND VISUALIZATION
- Improved RedSDK Rendering: Updated engine (to v18.104.22.168) and new displacement shader for more realistic materials.
- Dynamic Cutaway Plane (Platinum only): Cut away plane, for looking inside a 3D model, works in draft mode, in mixed draft and wireframe, and in mixed draft and hidden line modes.
DRAFTING AND DETAILING
- Improved Format Painter Tool (Platinum only): Use the Format Painter to transfer Custom Properties and Property Set Definitions (PSD) from one object to another. This huge productivity improvement is also a crucial feature for extending BIM/IFC models.
- New Dimension Units Format 'By Drawing': Users can now globally define dimension units at the drawing level.
- Improved Dimension Text: Dimension Text can be set to non-rotatable. With this property selected, dimension text will always face the user no matter the orientation of the drawing.
- Sorted Layers in Drop Down Lists: The Layers in the drop down and simple lists are now sorted as per the Design Director. If you change the control view order in Design Director the same ordering will be in all other Layer controls.
- Improved Trim Tools: New ability to trim hatched or closed objects and maintain the hatch or closure.
- Improved Join Polyline Tool: The Join Polyline Tool now works on Beziers and splines without converting them to a polyline, so that their original curve status is maintained.
- Improved AutoCAD® (DWG/DXF): Read/write filters for 2013-2015. Dynamic blocks are imported as simple blocks.
- New SketchUp (SKP): Read/write filter based on SketchUp 2015.
- New Visual Effects for Exported Images: For any image that has been added to a TurboCAD drawing, you can now control the brightness, contrast, saturation, and transparency.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Pro 2015 is $1,495 and is now available. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2015 is $1,695 and is now available. Annual Subscriptions also available.
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design) and a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry. With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DesignCAD®, TurboFloorPlan, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, and TurboSite® families of precision design applications for desktop and mobile. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2015 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available:
CONTACT: IMSI/Design Pam Volpe 415.483.8025 Email Contact