The Happiest Place on Earth Celebrates Halloween Time 2014, Sept. 12 through Oct. 31ANAHEIM, Calif., Sept. 12, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort is a one-of-a-kind celebration of chilling, family friendly fun. From Friday, Sept. 12, through Friday, Oct. 31, guests will explore their spooky Disney Side with special Halloween transformations of Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain; encounter Disney villains conjured by a magic cauldron; dance to the Mad T Party band and meet Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes.
An additional Halloween Time highlight is the separate-ticket, after-hours Mickey's Halloween Party, where adults and children show their Disney Side by dressing in costumes, trick-or-treating at Disneyland Park and enjoying an array of special entertainment, including the exclusive "Halloween Screams" fireworks spectacular.
New to Halloween Time at Disneyland this year are the latest twists at Haunted Mansion Holiday and additional entertainment experiences at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch, with more mysterious fun joining the Astounding Cauldron of Magic.
Spooky Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland is one of the guest favorites during Halloween Time. The unique Halloween-themed experience begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space. The exhilarating drops and curves are punctuated by piercing screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.
Jack Skellington returns to Disneyland to take over the Haunted Mansion and brings Haunted Mansion Holiday back to New Orleans Square. Transformed with a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas cheer, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas."
Guests find new surprises within the Mansion every Halloween, including the 2014 Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread house. This year's creepy creation adds a little whimsy with a hapless gingerbread zombie who is trapped inside – surrounded by frightening spikes that are very sharp, red-and-white candy canes. This is the 14th original gingerbread design since Haunted Mansion Holiday debuted in 2001. The design also features opening and closing doors and special lights.
In addition to Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy:
- In Frontierland, guests discover an exciting, new magic show presented on the Halloween Carnival stage at Big Thunder Ranch. Nearby they also may conjure up a Disney Villain at the "Astounding Cauldron of Magic" sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival.
- Also at the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch, guests encounter favorite Disney characters in Halloween costumes, pumpkin carvers showing their Disney Side with elaborate creations, Halloween decor and activities for youngsters.
- Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland transforms to become the Pumpkin Festival, with hundreds of pumpkins on display, no two of them the same.
- Guests age three and up show their Disney Side and live their pirate dreams as they learn the ways of the seven seas at The Pirates League. A part of the Halloween Carnival, The Pirates League offers a variety of pirate transformation options: Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Captain Hook, Ghosted Pirate, Black Beard, Black Eyed Jack, and Empress, created especially for pirate princesses. For The Pirates League reservations call 714-781-STYLE / 714-781-7895.
- Frontierland observes Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display that will remain through Sunday, Nov. 2.
In Disney California Adventure Park, Halloween Time offers frightful fun for guests of all ages, with favorite attractions such as The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween evening 1939, 75 years ago, forever haunting the building with spine-tingling fun. Also at Disney California Adventure, the nighttime Mad T Party in Hollywood Land gets some new Halloween spice. Tweedledee and Tweedledum welcome guests as the Mad Hatter offers some devilishly delicious All Hallows Eve fun featuring new Halloween music and a chilling new look for Mad T Party band.
Mickey's Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event* for trick-or-treating families, expands to 14 special, spooky nights in Disneyland. Highlights of Mickey's Halloween Party include:
- "Villains Square." Throughout the evening, the Disney villains arrive in Disneyland Town Square as the "Bad Apple Party Crashers," riding a black horse-drawn carriage accompanied by thunder, fog and special lighting effects. Villains such as Cruella De Vil, the Queen of Hearts, Judge Frollo from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and Lady Tremaine from "Cinderella" appear for photos and character greetings, and guests are invited to "Party Like a Villain."
- The opportunity to play in Disneyland for three hours before the party starts
- Trick or Treating – candy and healthy treats – in the ultimate Disney neighborhood
- The "Halloween Screams" fireworks spectacular, hosted by "Master of Scare-omonies" Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey's Halloween Party, weather permitting)
- "Mickey's Costume Party" cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
- "Monsters U Dance Party" at Tomorrowland Terrace: Class time is over and the students of Monsters University join Halloween Time guests in a family-friendly frat party with the most popular students from Monsters U, Mike & Sulley.
- The Cadaver Dans, a ghoulish quartet performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America in New Orleans Square and Frontierland
- Photo locations with popular Disney and Pixar Pals, plus Disney Villains
- Nearly all the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
- Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle
Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party may be purchased online and, for the first time, on mobile devices at
Disneyland.com/party, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400. Guests may check for availability for 14 nights: Friday, Sept. 26; Tuesday, Sept. 30 ; Friday, Oct. 3 ; Monday, Oct. 6 ; Wednesday, Oct. 8 ; Friday, Oct. 10 ; Tuesday, Oct. 14 ; Friday, Oct. 17 ; Monday, Oct. 20 ; Wednesday, Oct. 22 ; Friday, Oct. 24 ; Monday, Oct. 27 ; Wednesday, Oct. 29 ; and Friday, Oct. 31 . Online purchase is not available the day of the event.