DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 13, 2014 — Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4mwkgp/global_digital) has announced the addition of the "Global Digital Media Adaptor Market Forecasts & Opportunities, 2018" report to their offering.
One of the main drivers is the flexibility of wireless streaming of media content, which allows the digital media adaptor to share and stream media content on the same network.
One of the latest trends being witnessed in the market is the integration of the digital media adaptor with the smart TV and the media player. Instead of a separate media adaptor, the media adaptor is integrated into the smart TV, which allows it to directly connect to the internet, stream media, and access subscribed content. This could be a threat to companies that are only producing media adaptors for retail market. In order to overcome this threat, companies could tie up with smart TV manufacturers to supply them with media adaptors.
Further, the report states that one of the main challenges hindering the growth of this market is the growing STB market.
Key vendors dominating this space include:
- Apple Inc.
- Roku Inc
- Western Digital Corp
- Netgear Inc.
Other vendors mentioned in the report are:
- Archos Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc
- Google Inc.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Sony Corp.
- ZyXEL Communications Corp.
Key questions answered in this report:
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4mwkgp/global_digital