- Redesigned tower workstations give creative and design professionals new levels of performance
- New patented technology eliminates nearly all memory errors, increasing the reliability of the workstation and maximizing uptime for the user
- One of the only tower workstations to offer front accessible hard drives and externally removable power supply, providing superb access to essential components
ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 23, 2012 — Dellâ€™s newly redesigned portfolio of Dell Precision tower workstations announced today delivers superb performance, accessibility and best-in-classÂą chassis design to help creative and design professionals deliver results faster. Dell engineered its tower workstations to enable engineering, product design, animation, and other graphics and compute intensive professionals increased productivity and minimized downtime so they can focus on their innovations.
From creating the 854 stereo 3D VFX shots featured in the award-winning movie â€śHugoâ€ť to designing unique architectural spaces to analyzing seismic data to accelerate exploration of natural reserves, companies around the world rely on Dell Precision workstations to design and deliver superb results fast.
â€śDell Precision workstations are the number one recommendation I've made to other visual effects professionals over the years.Â We need cutting-edge technology and performance while working tough deadlines,â€ť said Adam Watkins, Computer Graphics Supervisor, Pixomondo.Â â€śI have been delighted -- and sometimes saved -- by every Dell workstation I've ever used for more than 20 shows! It's one technology that I know I can consistently count on and Iâ€™m looking forward to the new design and performance of Dellâ€™s new workstations."
Innovative Design with a Purpose
Dell solicited input from hundreds of the top engineering, finance, software development, scientific, and media & entertainment companies to design the new chassis. This user feedback and testing drove the development of a sleek and efficient award-winning design with a re-organized interior and easier access to important components. The interior separates areas more commonly accessed by users, such as memory and hard drives, from more service accessed components, such as wiring harnesses and fans, thereby simplifying tasks and greatly reducing time required for service or upgrades. Additional innovations built into the new workstation family include:
- Externally Removable Power Supply - Dell is offering the industryâ€™s only tool-less externally removable power supply on a mainstream tower workstationÂ˛. The power supply is lockable and has a built-in handle that lights up green when functioning properly which decreases downtime spent detecting and servicing issues.
- Front Accessible Hard Drives - The new efficient chassis design on the T7600 provides one of the only front accessible quick release hard drives on a tower workstation. Designed for customers in data intensive fields like video editing who need to swap out hard drives easily and military and research organizations who need to store sensitive data in a secure location at the end of the day, it comes with up to four 3.5-inch hard drives or eight 2.5-inch hard drives.
- Remote Access - The Dell Precision T7600 easily converts to a rack solution, which can be mounted to any standard Dell PowerEdge server rack. By centrally locating the workstations, businesses can help maintain a clean and quiet work environment, keep hardware safe and give remote workers access via a Dell Precision FX100 zero client.
- Reliable Memory Technology - Another industry first is Reliable Memory Technology (RMT), a Dell patented code programmed at the BIOS level that eliminates virtually all memory errors on high-end workstations. RMT extends the capability of ECC memory by detecting the location of the corrected memory error and prevents the system from writing to that spot again following a reboot. Available on the T3600Âł, T5600 and T7600, RMT increases the reliability of the workstations and eliminates the need for extensive full memory tests, IT support calls and memory DIMM replacement.
This purpose driven innovation really pays off for our workstation customers. TACKLEBOX Architecture has relied on Dell Precision workstations to create unique architectural spaces for fashion and retail businesses since opening its office in 2006. Founder Jeremy Barbour says, "Our design process relies heavily on 3D modeling and by leveraging Dell's powerful workstations we've been able to reduce our rendering time by 66 percent, from approximately 12 hours to 4 hours, enabling us to focus more energy on our creative work and deliver better projects on time and on budget."
Powerful New Line of Tower Workstations