- Winning companies to be recognized during AutoMobility LA, Nov. 27-30LOS ANGELES, Oct. 5, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — The Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) and AutoMobility LA™ today announced the finalists for its 2017 Top Ten Automotive Startups™ Competition (Top Ten) presented by Magna International, Inc. Selected from nearly 300 applicants, these innovative finalists were chosen based on a number of different criteria including the potential to greatly impact the daily transportation and mobility needs from both a consumer and business perspective.
This year's Top Ten startups range from enterprise carpooling and in-air hand controlled devices, to electric motorcycles and analytics software for commercial fleets. The full list of the 2017 Top Ten finalists is as follows:
- Cerebri AI: Providers of patent-pending AI solutions to monetize a customer's interactions with its vendors, utilizing the vast amounts of internal customer behavior and transaction data as well as external data
- EV Safe Charge: Based in Los Angeles, EV Safe Charge provides nationwide safe, reliable and robust residential and commercial electric vehicle charging solutions
- GhostWave: Providers of ADAS radars with two strategic technologies; immunity from mutual interference and a vehicle obstacle warning radar
- GoKid: A complete carpool solution for schools, teams and active families
- Innoviz Technologies, Ltd.: Developers of cutting-edge LiDAR remote sensing solutions to enable the mass commercialization of autonomous vehicles
- Mighty AI: Delivers the training data to build models for autonomous vehicles, computer vision and natural language
- Neteera Technologies, Ltd.: Developers of Terahertz sensing technology, which has the flexibility to be used in varying applications to solve needs that have been flagged in different industries and markets
- Ridecell: Providers of an end-to-end solution that supports all types of mobility-as-a-service offerings: car sharing, ridesharing, car rentals and even fixed route services
- SPLT: An enterprise carpooling solution which leverages urban technology to reduce inefficiencies in transportation
- WayRay: Developer of holographic augmented reality technologies for advanced connected cars
The winning Top Ten startups receive exclusive access to AutoMobility LA, exhibit space inside the Technology Pavilion and tickets to the 2018 NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference on AI and self-driving cars. The finalists will also be recognized in front of 25,000 media professionals, influential thought-leaders, automakers, tech titans, designers, developers, investors, dealers, government officials, analysts, fellow startups and more. Winners will also have full access to all major AutoMobility LA networking events and receive an invitation to a VIP reception with the AutoMobility LA executive team, Advisory Board members, top investors and industry executives.
The Top Ten is also introducing a new award this year in conjunction with the Top Ten prizes. Presented by technology giant NVIDIA, the best automotive startup using AI will be announced during AutoMobility LA 2017. The winning company will receive NVIDIA DRIVE PX 2 AI car computing platform and EB robinos open software framework.
The 2017 Top Ten will be narrowed down from ten to three later this month followed by a grand prize winner being determined on November 28 during AutoMobility LA. The grand prize winner will participate in an advisory session with the judges, as well as receive significant prizes – including a $15,000 cash award - to help further grow their business. All winners are chosen by the competition's esteemed panel of judges, comprised of executives from Elektrobit, and the LA Auto Show executive team, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Porsche Consulting, and Time Inc.'s The Drive.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and AutoMobility LA
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) is the first major North American auto show of the season each year. In 2016, the show's Press & Trade Days merged with the Connected Car Expo (CCE) to become AutoMobility LATM, the industry's first trade show converging the technology and automotive industries to launch new products and technologies and to discuss the most pressing issues surrounding the future of transportation and mobility. AutoMobility LA 2017 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center Nov. 27-30, with manufacturer vehicle debuts intermixed. LA Auto Show 2017 will be open to the public Dec. 1-10. AutoMobility LA is where the new auto industry gets business done, unveils groundbreaking new products and makes strategic announcements in front of media and industry professionals from around the globe. LA Auto Show is endorsed by the Greater L.A. New Car Dealer Association and is operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow LA Auto Show on Twitter at twitter.com/LAAutoShow, via Facebook at facebook.com/LAAutoShow or on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/laautoshow/ and sign up for alerts at http://www.laautoshow.com/. For more information about AutoMobility LA, please visit http://www.automobilityla.com/.
View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/automobility-las-2017-top-ten-automotive-startups-finalists-include-artificial-intelligence-ev-charging-and-software-solutions-for-autonomous-vehicles-300531538.html
SOURCE Los Angeles Auto Show
|Los Angeles Auto Show