The world’s leading high-end compositing tool reboots with array of exciting new features, including updated VFX Reference Platform, a powerful collaborative workflow for Nuke Studio, and much more
London, July 24, 2017 -- Creative software developer, Foundry, today launches Nuke and Hiero 11.0, the next major release for the Nuke family of products including Nuke, NukeX, Nuke Studio, Hiero and HieroPlayer.
Building on its reputation as the world’s leading high-end compositing tool, Nuke and Hiero 11.0 align with industry standards and introduce a host of features and updates that will boost artist performance and increase collaboration.
Following its successful beta launch in April 2017, Nuke and Hiero 11.0 will redefine how teams collaborate, helping them to get the highest quality results, faster.
Key features for this release include:
- VFX Reference Platform 2017: The Nuke family is being updated to VFX Platform 2017, which includes several major updates to key libraries used within Nuke, including Python, Pyside and Qt.
- Live Groups: Introduces a new type of group node which offers a powerful new collaborative workflow for sharing work among artists. Live Groups referenced in other scripts automatically update when a script is loaded, without the need to render intermediate stages.
- Frame Server in Nuke and NukeX: Nuke Studio’s intelligent background rendering is now available in Nuke and NukeX. The Frame Server takes advantage of available resource on your local machine, enabling you to continue working while rendering is happening in the background.
- New Lens Distortion in NukeX: The LensDistortion node has been completely revamped, with added support for fisheye and wide-angle lenses and the ability to use multiple frames to produce better results. It is now also GPU-enabled.
- Timeline Disk Cache in Nuke Studio: Nuke Studio now has new GPU accelerated disk caching that allows users to cache part or all of a sequence to disk for smoother playback of more complex sequences.
Jody Madden, Chief Product and Customer Officer at Foundry, commented: “We’re delighted to announce the release of Nuke and Hiero 11.0 with new workflows for artist collaboration and a renewed focus on industry standards. Nuke, NukeX and Nuke Studio continue to be the go-to industry tools for compositing, editorial and review tasks, and we’re confident these updates will continue to provide performance improvements and further increase artist efficiency.”
Nuke and Hiero 11.0 go live today and will be available for purchase on Foundry’s website and via accredited resellers.
Email Contact /
0203 077 2000
Foundry designs creative software technologies used to deliver award-winning visual effects and 3D content for the design, visualisation and entertainment industries. Foundry’s software advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders across the globe. It enables clients like Pixar, Mercedes-Benz, ILM, Weta Digital, The Moving Picture Company and Sony Pictures Imageworks to turn incredible ideas into reality by solving complex creative challenges.
The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in London, with 300 staff based across offices in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Austin and the UK. Foundry consistently invests in R&D to provide more efficient ways for its clients to bring visual concepts to life.
In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of its “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies, most recently in 2016 when it also won the Excellence in Service Award at the International Track 200 awards. Every single film nominated for the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects in the last five years was made using Foundry’s software.
© Foundry, its logo and product names are registered trademarks in the UK, USA and/or other countries.
Senior Account Executive
7 – 10 Baker's Yard, Baker's Row, London, EC1R 3DD
T: 020 3077 2000
M: 07718 281 405
Double PRCA Agency of the Year
For a full list of our award wins, please click here