REDMOND, Wash. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 12, 2016 — This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160512005337/en/
In the Disney Art Academy game, discover your inner artist to capture the stunning visuals of more than 80 Disney and Pixar characters. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Disney Art Academy – In the Disney Art Academy game, discover your inner artist to capture the stunning visuals of more than 80 Disney and Pixar characters. With advice and lessons inspired by Disney art and Pixar animations, learn to use a bundle of different drawing tools to create Elsa and Olaf from Disney Frozen, emotions from Disney/Pixar Inside Out, Mickey Mouse and more classic characters. You can even share your creations with your friends by posting directly to Miiverse or social media!
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Super Meat Boy – Super Meat Boy is a tough-as-nails platformer set in haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself in a quest to save your girlfriend from an evil fetus in a jar. And if 300+ single-player levels weren’t enough, the game also throws in epic boss fights, tons of unlockable secrets, warp zones and hidden characters from other popular indie games. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass – Many months after the events of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Link must return to the open seas and solve the mystery of the Ghost Ship. Explore neighboring islands for useful items, such as the Phantom Hourglass, and solve innovative puzzles by using intuitive touch-screen controls.
- Minecraft: Wii U Edition – Super Mario Mash-Up Pack – After downloading this free update, players who own the Minecraft: Wii U Edition digital game, which launched last December, will have immediate access to new skins, a Super Mario-themed pre-made world and a set of Super Mario-themed music and item textures. All this new content is inspired by games in the iconic Super Mario series, such as Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.
- Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Map – II: Realms Collide – The youths of Nohr must assist a wild dragon. Part 2 of Heirs of Fate is now available for $1.99.
- Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 2 DLC – Across dimensions, other versions of the Hoshidan and Nohrian children are under attack. Born and raised in the Deeprealms, these fledgling warriors must now rise up to save themselves and their parents as they unravel the mystery of their adversaries. In this six-map series, units leveled up in the main game cannot lend support. Devise a strategy using a fresh team and reap the rewards, but only if all of your units survive. You can receive all six maps as they are released by purchasing Map Pack 2 for only $7.99.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- 99 Moves (Wii U), Soccer Up 3D (Nintendo 3DS) and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
- 3D Game Collection (Nintendo 3DS), Island Flight Simulator (Wii U) and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
- Word Search by POWGI ( Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Toys vs. Monsters, Fantasy Pirates and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 5.
- My Pets is 60 percent off (reduced from $24.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 5.
- 2 Fast 4 Gnomz, AiRace Speed and more from Qubic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 18.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- Pokémon Radiant Collection
- Pokémon Red and Blue
- Pokémon: Here Comes Ash-Greninja
Also new this week:
- Wordsup! Academy (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Witch & Hero 2 – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- 8-Bit Hero (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Color Symphony 2 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Tachyon Project (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Queens Garden (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.