Slate of Additional Movies, Starring Denise Richards, Joely Fisher, Jim O'Heir, Craig Bierko, Jill Hennessy, Amanda Schull and More to Premiere Digitally Across Multiple PlatformsLOS ANGELES, Sept. 19, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — From teen and family comedies to sci-fi disasters to pop star documentaries, there is entertainment for everyone this fall with a slate of star-driven films, limited series and an all-new music documentary from MarVista Digital Entertainment (MVDE) -- available across multiple digital platforms including AT&T, Comcast, Cox, DIRECTV, iN DEMAND, Time Warner Cable, Vubiquity, Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Vimeo and VUDU (check local listings).
Following a worldwide debut on Disney Channel on June 27, teens can now enjoy watching one of today's hottest stars -- teen actress, singer and dancer Zendaya -- in her new movie Zapped. Zendaya stars as 16-year-old Zoey Stevens, a skilled dancer and straight-A student who is having a hard time adjusting to a new high school, a klutzy, new dance squad, a loud, new stepdad, three rowdy stepbrothers and an unruly dog. But things change when a dog-training app on her smart phone begins to somehow control all the boys around her. Also starring are Chanelle Peloso (Radio Rebel), Spencer Boldman (Disney XD's Lab Rats), Emilia McCarthy (Hemlock Grove) and Adam DiMarco (Radio Rebel). Zapped is directed by Peter DeLuise (16 Wishes, Kyle XY). Available now.
Justin Bieber: Limitless provides an all access pass into the life of Justin Bieber. From YouTube phenomenon to bad boy pop megastar, follow the unique journey of one of today's highest profile and sometimes controversial superstar prodigies in this intimate documentary, as he grows from newly signed teenage singer into a contemporary pop superstar with a string of scandals to boot. Available Sept. 30.
Several features and a new mini-series from MVDE are also making their digital premiere:
Thrillers/Crime Dramas, available now:
- Fatal Acquittal: Acquitted for the murder of her husband, Cassidy Miller vows to find the true killer. But in a town that still thinks she's guilty, Cassidy must fight for every clue to clear her name and get justice. Joely Fisher (Ellen) and Denise Richards (Wild Things) star. Directed by Sam Irvin (Oblivion).
- Betrayed: While vacationing in Cape Cod, Julie and her boyfriend Trent get caught up in a scandal when Trent is kidnapped by a mysterious man and Jonathan — Julie's husband — is forced to pay the ransom. Amanda Schull (Suits), Charlie Hofheimer (Mad Men), James McCaffrey (Revenge) and Hal Ozsan (Californication) star. Directed by John Stimpson (Sexting in Suburbia).
- Runaway: A seemingly perfect suburban mom has her world turned upside down when the past that she's kept secret for 18 years finally catches up with her... and threatens to destroy everything she's built for herself. Sherry Stringfield (ER) stars.
- Don't Look Back: After inheriting a cabin filled with childhood memories, a troubled young woman moves home and takes a roommate in hopes of starting a new life … but instead finds herself tormented by the secrets of her past. Lucy Griffiths (Constantine) and Cassidy Freeman (Longmire) star.
- 10.0 Earthquake: Following an industrial accident, scientists and engineers race to divert a superquake that could drop Los Angeles into a pit of lava. Henry Ian Cusick (Lost) stars. Available Oct. 7.
- 10,000 Days: It's 10,000 days in the future ... Earth is locked in a new Ice Age and the survivors of this cataclysmic shift must engage in an epic struggle of life or death. John Schneider (The Dukes of Hazzard) and Riley Smith (90210) star. Available Oct. 10.
- Dark Rising: Warrior of Worlds (limited series): In this classic hero's story, told over five one-hour episodes, young Nathan is caught in an battle for Earth, but Summer Vale, a super soldier with demon DNA, is there to guide him. Available Oct. 14, broadband only.
- If I Had Wings: Based on Michael Markus and Tim Stubinski's book of the same title, Alex Taylor, blind since the age of two, dreams of running for his high school's cross-country team. With the help of his father, a probation officer, he finds a running partner — and a friend — in Brad Coleman, who spends most of his time "running" from the law. Richard Harmon (Continuum), Craig Bierko, (Cinderella Man) and Jaren Brandt Bartlett (Knockout) star. Available now on select platforms and Oct. 2 on broadband.
Other movie titles offered for the first time through MVDE, available now unless otherwise specified, include:
- The romantic comedy 4 Wedding Planners, starring Illeana Douglas (Picture Perfect) and Sung Kang (Gang Related).
- Four thrillers: Crimes Of The Past, starring David Rasche (Burn After Reading), (Elisabeth Röhm (Law & Order) and Academy Award©-nominee Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight); Confessions, starring Chris Pine (Star Trek, 2009); Fatal Justice, starring Cynthia Watros (Lost) and Brian Krause (Charmed); and Stevie, starring Catherine McCormack (Braveheart) and Jordi Molla (Magic in the Moonlight).
- Three family/teen comedies and dramas: The Soccer Nanny, starring Traci Lords, (Cry-Baby); Cop Dog, starring Billy Unger (Lab Rats); and A 2nd Chance, available October 1.
MarVista Digital Entertainment is a new division of MarVista Entertainment—a Los Angeles-based leading independent global producer and distributor of film and television programming with a library featuring over 2,000 hours of high quality entertainment content across a broad range of genres.
SOURCE MarVista Entertainment