San Jose event fills agenda with latest technology and techniques for creating interactive media for the Web
NORWALK, Conn. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 11, 2014 — TMC and Crossfire Media today announced an expanded two-day program for HTML5 Communications Summit, a DevCon5 event, held November 18-19, 2014, at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, California. The event brings together Web developers, designers and architects to explore the latest developments in the HTML5 industry. The HTML5 Communications Summit’s agenda will include educational sessions on technology and trends in real time Web applications, user experience, cross platform apps, performance parameters and more. It is the event to discover best strategies for using HTML5 and real time communications capabilities to design and develop websites and applications that provide a multimedia experience to engage and interact with end users.
“We are thrilled to announce the agenda for our November HTML5 Communications Summit. We continue to develop unique content that provides the insight, information and tools needed to exploit the capabilities of revolutionary HTML5 technology and succeed in a mobile Web world,” said Carl Ford, CEO, Crossfire Media, Executive Director of Content, HTML5 Communications Summit.
The HTML5 Communications Summit agenda will feature sessions presented by industry leaders—including experts from Adobe and Microsoft—and will include the following sessions:
- 5 Things Developers Needs to Know About Design: Learn the techniques designers use, as well as the things they wish every developer knew about design. Understanding these five things will not only make you better at design, it will help you work better with designers.
- Second Screen Ubiquity: HTML5 and Sockets: Find out how second screen experiences will not only improve the way you watch television, but will extend to live in-person events in the future. Using HTML5, nodejs and socket.io, you can push content to devices in real-time without it being an app.
- Beacons and HTML5 – Enhancing the Customer Experience: Discover how using HTML5 hybrid apps can allow your marketing team to push changing relevant content without app store releases.
- Frameworks and Backbones: Learn about frameworks like AngularJS, and Backbone that are used to develop cross platform apps using Project Cordova.
- Real-Time Communications in HTML5 and Native Mobile Applications using WebRTC: Hear what WebRTC is and the power of WebRTC using HTML5 and native mobile example applications. You will explore WebRTC use cases, what developers should consider in terms of infrastructure and components and technologies that are available to developers.
- Standards Update & Directions: Key leaders and contributors to the IETF and W3C standards efforts will report on the progress of standards, how they will come to conclusion and when to start your Web communications development and release.
- The Video Conundrum: Leading video experts, standards players and representatives from the UCIF and the IMTC will focus on where WebRTC video is today and where it is going.
- Can WebRTC Succeed Without Microsoft & Apple?: Explore what will happen to WebRTC if these companies never support the standard.
- WebRTC 1.1 (or 2.0): Discuss the new capabilities and functions that have been proposed for the next version of WebRTC, including standards issues and new capabilities.
- Managing Expectation in Your Applications: This session will focus on planning for a quality experience, testing your application and instrumenting the operation for quality assurance.
Registration for HTML5 Communications Summit is now open. For more information, contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131. For media registration, contact Ashley Baster. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages for HTML5 Communications Summit should contact Joe Fabiano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-852-6800 x132.
For the latest HTML5 Communications Summit and/or DevCon5 news, updates and information, follow the event on Twitter at @DevConFive.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; FreePBX World; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; SmartVoice Conference; Software Telco Congress; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III; Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, WebRTC Conference & Expo V; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
About Crossfire Media
Crossfire Media is an integrated marketing company with a core focus on future trends in technology. We service communities of interest with conferences, tradeshows, webinars and newsletters. Crossfire Media has a partnership with Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) to produce events and websites related to disruptive technologies. Crossfire Media is a division of Crossfire Consulting, a full service Information Technology company based in New York.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Ashley Baster, (919) 435-9112