Cubic Robotics has already raised more than $30,000 through crowdfunding to produce an open-platform AI device for home and personal use.MOSCOW, Nov. 24, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Cubic Robotics, an international team led by CEO Yury Burov, launched an Indiegogo campaign on November 22nd to finance production of its cutting-edge artificial intelligence device, Cubic, with a goal of reaching $100,000 in crowdfunded pledges by December 22nd. The campaign has already raised over $30,000 towards its goal.
Cubic has many sophisticated advantages that differentiate it from existing AI devices, such as Apple's Siri and Amazon's Echo. Cubic's unit options consist of a "Home Cube" and a portable "Power Badge," which are both voice-activated and can integrate with mobile apps and household appliances. Most notably, Cubic is an open platform device, offering unlimited possibilities for future Internet-of-Things integrations.
Cubic's unique technology features include:
- Patented long-range voice recognition system, supporting conversation from 25 feet away
- Patented multi-topic conversation support system for longer, natural speech
- Patented Cubic Intelligence Core learns your favorite topics, sense of humor, and more
- Advanced, agile Smart Badge allows you to stay in control from anywhere
- Integration with more than 50 apps and systems, with many more to come.
Cubic is your digital co-pilot—it's there to help you with your technology and information needs, no matter where you are. For example:
- If you're at work, Cubic can adjust the temperature in your home.
- On the go, Cubic can remind you where you parked, tell you how many calories you've burned, and make funny comments about the news.
- In the car, Cubic can give you traffic updates and read you emails. You can even ask Cubic to repeat that funny comment he made and have him Tweet it for you. (Cubic will let you take the credit.)
- At home, Cubic can tell you when your favorite show is on, play music, order delivery, read instructions while you cook, turn off your lights, set your alarm—and even tell you knock-knock jokes.
Cubic Robotics' team has been working on developing and patenting its technology for more than two years, assisted by a $600,000 round of angel funding. A working prototype is already available. After a successful Indiegogo campaign, Cubic's team will validation test its technology and begin manufacturing the devices for worldwide distribution in Fall 2015.
About Cubic Robotics
Cubic Robotics is a robotics technology company headquartered in Moscow, Russia, headed by CEO Yury Burov. The company was founded in 2012, and has a team of 11 engineering, AI, industrial design, and marketing experts whose experiences include assisting with developing the moon rover, Lunar Unit. The company has previously received $600,000 in angel funding for the development of Cubic Robotics devices, and has patented its AI technologies.
This content was issued through the press release service at i-Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.i-newswire.com
1 (408) 893-7287
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cubic-robotics-launches-indiegogo-campaign-to-produce-open-platform-artificial-intelligence-device-300000419.html
SOURCE Cubic Robotics