As a growing number of users rely on their iPhones as their primary cameras, their demand for quality features and better photos have increased. While countless applications offer photo editing capabilities and collage formatting templates, the burden falls on the user to use multiple applications and cobble them together. After developing photography software for over 20 years, ACD Systems worked to bring the ACDSee Pro software features used by professional photographers to mobile.
ACDSee's iPhone app key features and capabilities include:
- Selfie Mode -- For the first time, a photo app offers a camera mode designed specifically for the incredibly popular "selfie" photography. This mode will instantly initiate the forward-facing camera, front flash, a big button to easily take the shot, and will automatically turn on Skin Tune, an adjustment that evens and brightens skin tone, minimizing the appearance of imperfections.
- Light, Color and Tone Equalizers -- Light EQ, Color EQ and Tone EQ provide advanced editing options offering the user precise control of a photo's exposure, color and tonal range. These features are available in the Pro Pack and are based on ACDSee's patented technology.
- Manual Controls -- The app includes manual controls for exposure, focus and white balance allowing the user to avoid blurry shots and compensate for various lighting and exposure conditions. This feature also enables the user to set shutter priority with shutter speed (normally found on high-end DSLRs), unique to ACDSee.
- Flash Fusion -- This feature instructs the camera to take one photo with flash and one photo without. The user can then combine the two photos producing a balanced, well-illuminated and natural looking photo without the harsh flash appearance.
- HDR Fusion -- This camera feature combines three photos taken at different exposures, producing a final photo with the best exposure balance. HDR fusion utilizes ACDSee's patented LCE technology for tone-mapping.
The ACDSee Pro Pack is an add-on to the app and includes additional features for professional photographers or expert users looking for more advanced capabilities.
"At ACD Systems, we have a rich photography culture and with the onset of advanced iPhone cameras we've noticed a shift in the photo editing market," said Frank Lin, CTO of ACD Systems. "We've recognized that a mobile experience is more important than ever but we haven't been satisfied with any photo apps on the market. We're launching the ACDSee iPhone app with the most advanced camera and editing features because this is what we want to use as professionals. We think it's important to have the best photo features accessible on your iPhone because we know the perfect photo can't always wait until you're at a computer."
The ACDSee iPhone app is optimized for iOS 8.1 and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to take advantage of the latest technology. It also works with iPhone 4S, 5 or 5S with iOS 8.1. ACDSee for iPhone is $1.99 and available now in the App Store. The "Pro Pack" can be purchased for an additional $4.99.
About ACD Systems
Founded in Texas in 1993 by imaging visionary Doug Vanderkerkhove, ACD Systems is one of the largest and most respected independent digital editing and management companies in the world. Doug foresaw the importance of the convergence of analog and digital (print, photos, scans, video and metadata). The company's products include ACDSee, and CANVAS X , which helps Fortune 500 companies enhance, manage and disseminate their valuable digital assets. Customers include General Motors, Caterpillar, Boeing, The New York City Fire Department, NASA, CNN and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Today ACD holds six patents and millions of ACDSee and CANVAS X products are currently in use throughout the world.
Media Contacts: Cameron Smead Karbo Communications for ACDSee 925.785.7872 Email Contact Emily Carey 650.704.6786 Email Contact